cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JX Half Mini PCI-e WiFi Card Upgrade to Intel 7260HMW Wireless AC + Bluetooth 4.0

patros
Level 7
So I have been looking at the following WiFi adapter to replace the existing Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG with the Intel 7260HMW Wireless AC + Bluetooth 4.0 and wanted to know if anyone else on the forum has done that yet and if they did, what issues did they face?

I lot of comments flew around the web suggesting driver issues / bluetooth issues with the Intel 7260HMW however at the same time, people downloading the drivers directly from Intel seemed to resolve any issues they faced and things worked out well for them.

I'd like replies ideally from people who have actually done this rather than those who have read up about it online. I've also read up about it online so nothing new there.

I'm looking to pick it up from:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-802-11AC-WiFi-BT-4-0-Dual-Band-Mini-PCI-E-Card-7260-7260HMW-Wirel...

Looks pretty original to me and every one of the original cards are also made in China. Also the feedback on this particular company and product has been very positive.

Looking forward to hearing from fellow ROG compatriots.

Cheers!
Jesse Pinkman: "What's the point of being an outlaw when you got responsibilities?"

Badger: "Darth Vader had responsibilities. He was responsible for the Death Star."

Skinny Pete: "True that. Two of them bitches."

😄
6 REPLIES 6

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
No issues, i've done that before.

Agree with above, no issues.
I actually did this upgrade to my G75vw. Download both drivers, wifi and Bluetooth prior to swap. Uninstall wifi driver, reinstall new drivers. Should work like a charm.
I bought mine off eBay though. New for $20 free ship.

Liger
Level 7
I know its not the reply you wanted but what benefit does this give?
Asus Rog G750JW
Screen: 1920x1080 17'3 inch
CPU: i7 4700HQ
GPU: 2GB GTX 765M
RAM: 16GB 2133MHz
SDD: Samsung 850 Pro 250GB
HDD: 2TB 5400RPM

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
Benefits? Fast, Low ping, 5G, higher bandwidth, Wider range! But if your router and ISP sucks then... useless.

ROG_HARDCORE wrote:
Benefits? Fast, Low ping, 5G, higher bandwidth, Wider range! But if your router and ISP sucks then... useless.

Excellent thanks for the reply, not an upgrade for a novice like me haha! RAM and HDD swap outs are probably my limit.
Asus Rog G750JW
Screen: 1920x1080 17'3 inch
CPU: i7 4700HQ
GPU: 2GB GTX 765M
RAM: 16GB 2133MHz
SDD: Samsung 850 Pro 250GB
HDD: 2TB 5400RPM

JustinThyme
Level 13
No Issues at all. Replaced the old wireless N 300 card in my G74sx some time ago with the Intel AC 7260. Downloaded the Drivers from the intel site, BAM works like a charm.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein