Threaded View

ROG Enthusiast Array 0neWinged PC Specs
    0neWinged PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G75VW-BBK5
    MotherboardAsus G75VW (Intel HM77) W/ Custom BIOS
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 3610QM @ 2.3Ghz
    Memory (part number)32GB (F3-1600C9S-8GRSL)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 2GB
    Sound Card5.1 VIA HD Audio
    Monitor17.3" 1080P Matte LED
    Storage #1240GB Sata III Intel 535 SSD (SSDSC2BW240H601)
    Storage #2Western Digital Black 7200RPM 1TB HDD (WD10JPLX)
    CPU CoolerAsus Cooling Heatsink (13N0-MBA0601)
    CaseASUS G75VW w/Custom Intake Mod and Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap
    Power SupplyASUS 180W Power Supply (AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz, DC 19V 9.5A)
    Keyboard ASUS Built In Keyboard w/Red LED backlight Mod
    Mouse ASUS ROG GX950 Laser Mouse
    OS Windows 10 Pro X64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC3200 Tri-Band Wireless-AC3200
    Accessory #1 Upgraded Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus 4.0 Bluetooth

Question G75VW VBios Help

Alright so I have an Asus G75vw with a GTX 660m. I bought a GTX 780m and heatsink from a G750jh. I did some chassis modifications and managed to get everything to fit. Flashed new bios with vbios of 660 and 780.
    I turned off UEFI prior to flash, turned UEFI off prior to card swap. Laptop fired up, but boots to Asus boot logo screen, (where you would normally access bios) but gets stuck. I cannot access bios. Trouble shooted a few things, but still no luck. Even swapped back to the 660m and boots passed the boot screen. So I then re flashed to my stock bios, and tried swapping to 780m to see if it wouldn't show the boot screen, but it does the same thing.
    So.. From what I am told it is trying to load the VBIOS onboard of the 780M PCB. Also was told It definitely is a module regarding PEG control. This should be in the unlocked "Chipset" tab, but as I've mentioned a while back, this is where things can bjork the boot block and even the recovery block if a setting you enable is deep BIOS disabled.. (no supported callback module) meaning, ICSP programmer is the only way out of it. (Don't want to brick or have to find a ICSP programmer).
    Any insight would be appreciated. I also have this up at WIN RAID forum as well, but figured it can't hurt to have more eyes and brains.
    In the end, I just want this thing to recognize the 780 as its card and boot. I already have modified drivers, just need a successful boot.
    Anyone willing to help with this modification will be highly highly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos image.jpg  

image.jpg  

Last edited by 0neWinged; 06-11-2016 at 06:55 PM.