Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hdmi stopped working after installing w8

Azahar
Level 7
I have a maximus viii hero.
This is what happened:
I'm using a tv as my only display (main display) because I don't have a monitor in my hands yet. I'm using the onboard hmdi output.
I installed w8, all was working fine. I was able to see the desktop and stuff.
However I let the pc there for some minutes and when I was back the tv said there wasn't a signal. I thought it may be in sleeping mode, but this wasn't the case.
After failing to have a display again I had to poweroff the pc with the power button.
I restarted the pc, the ROG logo appeared in the screen, however after the bios hands control to IDE (with a code A0) the hdmi output to the TV stops working.
I know the output is ok because I get a display before the OS it booted (I can access bios).
10 REPLIES 10

baggio2121
Level 7
Don't worry the problem is the drivers for onboard graphics ...... If you get into intel website and read the " known issues" for your onboard hd 530 you will see it. When you buy another card amd or nvidia you will not see this happened again ..

I had the same issue

baggio2121
Level 7
The solution for now is unplug and plug again the hdmi cord.

baggio2121 wrote:
The solution for now is unplug and plug again the hdmi cord.

I tried this and it didn't work, I wish it had.

baggio2121
Level 7
Install the latest drivers . unplug wait for 3 sec and plug it again .this works for me . dont worry.intel's graphic drivers sucks.

baggio2121 wrote:
Install the latest drivers . unplug wait for 3 sec and plug it again .this works for me . dont worry.intel's graphic drivers sucks.

Thanks, I can't install anything though, because I don't have display when the OS has booted.

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
See if your TV has a PC Mode or maybe a dedicated HDMI port for the PC.

Already tried.

baggio2121
Level 7
Have you tried with another monitor or tv ?

baggio2121 wrote:
Have you tried with another monitor or tv ?

No. I'm in the process of getting other monitors. I'll update this when I get to test it.