cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help! Unknown Device/Driver?

Rass187
Level 7
I am getting this error/warning in Device Manager - which I think could be related to the "The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&1." warning in Event Viewer.
I have tried searching for a fix, to no avail.

Maybe someone in here could enlighten me?

Many thanks in advance!
10 REPLIES 10

Menthol
Level 14
Please list all your hardware specs

Erwin05
Level 10

Nate152
Hi Rass187

Yeah list your specs and everything connected to your pc, what do you have connected that's related to the Network controller? You might need a driver for whatever it is.

Here is my specs

Screen - AOC 2770 144hz
Board - Rampage V Extreme
CPU - Intel Core i7-5820K
CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D15
GPU - MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G (OC Edition)
Ram - HyperX Fury DDR4 32gb (2133 mhz)
SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb (with OS)
SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 500 gb
HDD – Western Digital 300gb
OS - Windows 10 Home
PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 Power Supply
Tower - Obsidian Series® 750D Full Tower ATX Case
Headphones - Sennheiser 3D G4me1
Mouse – DeathAdder 2013
Keyboard – Razer BlackWidow Ultimate

I almost just build this PC, and I am a bit new to all of this, so if any info is missing please tell me.
Everything seems to be stable at the moment (Overclocked) I am just experiencing some strange things with Multiplier readings in bios vs readings in CPU-Z, Real Temp..
So my thoughts were that maybe it was connected to the Network Controller Driver missing or the "The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&1." warning in Event Viewer.

Kipper
Level 10
Try re-installing your LAN driver........

Have you added any type of wifi card or dongle.....

Kipper wrote:
Try re-installing your LAN driver........

Have you added any type of wifi card or dongle.....

Well I have done a bit of searching.. and came up with that this - "PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43A0&SUBSYS_86591043&REV_03" - could have something to do with the a "ASUS PCE-AC66 802.11ac Network Adapter Driver" or this "Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter Driver".
Maybe I installed the drivers, without installing the Wi-Fi antenna that came with the motherboard? I don`t know..
Edit: I did`nt install the Wi-Fi antenna on purpose, of course 🙂

I will try and re-install the LAN driver, to see if that will fix anything.

Though I am also really curious about this "The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&1." Event 219 Kernel-PnP warning.
Somewhere I read it could be a driver not working correctly, or a device not working as it should, maybe even something to do with power management (ACPI)

Installing the Wi-Fi driver from Asus, did resolve the driver issue in Device Manager..

Though I am still seeing the "The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&1." Event 219 Kernel-Pnp warning.

Anyone got an idea if this means anything important? Or could I just leave this.

I have had some minor issues with bios (Hardware Monitor section in bios) showing different multiplier readings 3300MHz vs CPU-Z, Real Temp, Task Manager all showed the same 4300Mhz (4300MHz was my manual OC) and after a restart bios again showed 4300Mhz
It was really strange - if I see it again, I will post pictures - guess that would be easier than me trying to explain.

Again, many thanks for your help!

Nate152
Ahh so it was the Wi-Fi driver, you don't have to install it if you're hard wired.

The WUDfRd driver failed to load as I'm aware is a false positive and can be ignored.

Nate152 wrote:
Ahh so it was the Wi-Fi driver, you don't have to install it if you're hard wired.

The WUDfRd driver failed to load as I'm aware is a false positive and can be ignored.

Hehe yeah.. so no big deal I guess. Since this is my first build (my friend usually helps me) I just wanted to be sure everything were okay.

Okay cool. There are also many people posting about this WUDfRd driver warning on various sites, including this, and no specific fix. So here`s hoping.

Thanks for the help anyways!