Asus G20Aj Fan Wavering

Semper
Level 7
I have problems with the Q-Fan Control i use the following settings:

CPU & Case Fans

70C-70%
55C-30%
20C-30%

So you see I have fixed values but the fans in Windows 10 keep wavering up and down when im browsing or seeing youtube videos and the temps oscillate from 55-60C.
It can be very annoying when the fans spin up and down all the time! I don't understand why the settings don´t work in Windows....any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
try using speedfan and change the speed of the fans manual yourself to suit the temps, just make you don't switch them off lol

Paul_Jandali
Level 7
Speedfan does not work.

@WhelshWoopie:

You still owe me a hint for a tool capable to control the CPU fans.... Remember ?

@Semper

I found super cool values for Q-Fan Control, but I am too lazy to search a USB keyboard to access the BIOS and look up the values....
If you´re still interested, let me know.... A little reminder might let me do this for you ... 🙂

Paul.Jandali wrote:
Speedfan does not work.

@WhelshWoopie:

You still owe me a hint for a tool capable to control the CPU fans.... Remember ?

@Semper

I found super cool values for Q-Fan Control, but I am too lazy to search a USB keyboard to access the BIOS and look up the values....
If you´re still interested, let me know.... A little reminder might let me do this for you ... 🙂

well my speedfan works o.k with my computer, I demand myself to make a video........o.k boss (to myself) lol

I never had a issue with my fans on the pc, maybe worth changing the cpu paste and seeing if that helps

Whoopee

Welsh Whoopee wrote:
well my speedfan works o.k with my computer, I demand myself to make a video........o.k boss (to myself) lol

I never had a issue with my fans on the pc, maybe worth changing the cpu paste and seeing if that helps

Whoopee

Well Speedfan does not work for me either! Well kind of because i can change the values on the readings tab of speedfan. But when i want to control the fan curve on the "Fan Control" tab in "Configure" it does not work on SYS only on CPU. On my "Control Speed" tab i can select CPU - CPU from Nuvoton NCT 6779D @ $0290 on ISA and the curve works on CPU great.
But when i add a new control for SYS - SYS from Nuvoton NCT 6779D @ $0290 on ISA the curve does not work for the SYS setting in Readings and it goes to 100% and it cant be changed till i delete this profil.

Maybe i´m doing something wrong or are the fans the same controller and i dont need a SYS Profil :confused:, well would be great if you could do a tutorial for the ASUS G20AJ or explain how you set it up on your ASUS G20. Thanks for your help.

Update: I Found out that my SYS Temps are at 102 degrees on Speedfan and tested also on HWmonitor!! Maybe the board is faulty because i have other problems like i use the setting for my GPU in BIOS changed from automatic to PCIE but when i do a cold boot the next day, it is set back to automatic and uses the Motherboard graphics.

Semper wrote:
Well Speedfan does not work for me either! Well kind of because i can change the values on the readings tab of speedfan. But when i want to control the fan curve on the "Fan Control" tab in "Configure" it does not work on SYS only on CPU. On my "Control Speed" tab i can select CPU - CPU from Nuvoton NCT 6779D @ $0290 on ISA and the curve works on CPU great.
But when i add a new control for SYS - SYS from Nuvoton NCT 6779D @ $0290 on ISA the curve does not work for the SYS setting in Readings and it goes to 100% and it cant be changed till i delete this profil.

Maybe i´m doing something wrong or are the fans the same controller and i dont need a SYS Profil :confused:, well would be great if you could do a tutorial for the ASUS G20AJ or explain how you set it up on your ASUS G20. Thanks for your help.

Update: I Found out that my SYS Temps are at 102 degrees on Speedfan and tested also on HWmonitor!! Maybe the board is faulty because i have other problems like i use the setting for my GPU in BIOS changed from automatic to PCIE but when i do a cold boot the next day, it is set back to automatic and uses the Motherboard graphics.

Greetings,

I must clearly say that the SYS temps shown by this software are not correct, its buggy. Earlier this week i checked mine with HWmonitor and it showed 123 degrees for the SYS at Idle ... where my GPU was 41 and my CPU 49... so basically this program told me that my PC is nearly melting were the rest of the components are cold ... No sense at all ... i call it a bug (oh yeah i asked also Welsh
during one of his Live streams he downloaded HW monitor and checked --- same thing, temps over 110 degrees ... 😄 .... i dont even think that there is a sensor on the motherboard itself ...well .. Ether way you MB is not faulty
Wish you luck