cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

TheAlkie
Level 7
Just a quick question as no one seems to be adding to my last post. Has the GTX 1080 Founders Edition been tested on the Rampage V Extreme 3.1 ? .. .
13 REPLIES 13

drop4205
Level 12
lotta people have them by now. Not me just waiting on big pascal. What issues are you having?
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

TheAlkie
Level 7
It's all in the other thread , changed GPU then error 55 , when all components seem fine.

TheAlkie wrote:
It's all in the other thread , changed GPU then error 55 , when all components seem fine.

Reseat your memory.

I have been running two GTX 1080 FE's in SLI for a few weeks now on my Rampage V Extreme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s1EAWifSA4

They both Overclock to a max of 2050Mhz and seem to stay at 2000Mhz even.

I'm using bios 2101 and they run flawlessly. I wont touch the 3000 series bioses because I get dozen of Q code errors, but with 2101 I have never had a single problem.

raceitchris@yahoo.com wrote:
I have been running two GTX 1080 FE's in SLI for a few weeks now on my Rampage V Extreme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s1EAWifSA4

They both Overclock to a max of 2050Mhz and seem to stay at 2000Mhz even.

I'm using bios 2101 and they run flawlessly. I wont touch the 3000 series bioses because I get dozen of Q code errors, but with 2101 I have never had a single problem.

You lucky you, that's like a serious silicon lottery win. 😄
Can't wait till my pair arrives <.<

One quick question: You put two normal SLI-bridges on the cards, does the driver recognize this as a "high bandwidth" bridge without problems - if so did you bench it with both one and two bridges attached?
All benchmarks I have seen so far only used one "old" bridge (as the new ones are not available yet obviously).
Just curious what the performance benefits would be.

Onimax wrote:
You lucky you, that's like a serious silicon lottery win. 😄
Can't wait till my pair arrives <.<

One quick question: You put two normal SLI-bridges on the cards, does the driver recognize this as a "high bandwidth" bridge without problems - if so did you bench it with both one and two bridges attached?
All benchmarks I have seen so far only used one "old" bridge (as the new ones are not available yet obviously).
Just curious what the performance benefits would be.

All I really need is ONE normal SLI bridge on the LEFT SLI side. This gets me the same Firestrike score as does the two separate bridges on the left and the right side (in my video). I also get the same Firestrike score with the hard PCB board style 3 way bridge installed.

Interestingly enough, i noticed that orientation of the normal bridge matters. The 650Mhz LED bridges do not have raised "notches" on both of the connectors, but these cheap normal 400Mhz bridges all have these notches and when I install the bridge with the notches facing down my Firestrike score is about 1,000pts higher than with the bridge installed with the notches facing up.

No matter how I have any of these bridges installed - I have never seen the SLI bridge bandwidth "message" in my NVIDIA control panel. -not sure why. Maybe if I booted with no bridges at all, it would appear, but booting without a bridge would feel like such a Crime.

-I just wish these Pascal HB bridges would be available already.

FireRx
Level 11
I'm on one right now TheAlkie,. Qcode 55 is a memory error. what memory kit you have on there?
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

jrmcdou
Level 10
I am not wasting my money on the gimped version that is out now. I will wait for the Ti version or the T80 Titan equivalent that has HBM 2.
Rampage VI Extreme bios 1503
Core i9 7980XE @ 4.4ghz all cores
64 gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600
2x RTX 2080 Ti FE NvLink/SLI
2x Samsung 970 Pro 1tb NVME
Corsair AX1600i
Corsair 1000D case
1x Dell U3818DW 38" Curved Ultrawide and 2x Dell S2716DG 27" 1ms GSYNC 2560x1440 144 hz
Win 10 Pro x64

jrmcdou wrote:
I am not wasting my money on the gimped version that is out now. I will wait for the Ti version or the T80 Titan equivalent that has HBM 2.

I think all cards will have GDDR5X, GTX1080 if full chip, nice card only not premium class.
It's not crippled, work with 100% capacity. TITAN class is best but with them you lose much more money than with GTX980/1080...

Example who bought TITAN X before 6-7 months for 1000$ now could sell for less price than GTX1070.
That's 600$ loss for few months... Off course they are best and worth investment but maybe last 2 year is better if people upgrade every generation high
not premium segment. GTX680/GTX980/GTX1080Ti.
Premium was OK investment before, example when I bought full GK110 200MHz overclocked faster than TITAN Black for 750 euro.
TITAN Black was 1050 euro slower card with 3GB more video memory. Now situation is difference NVIDIA is cruel with prices.

That's perfect option now, If someone could afford two GTX1080 in SLI with waterblock I would not wait TITAN at all.
If NVIDIA decide to optimize only SLI not 3/4 Way probably SLI will work better in games with Pascal than previous series.
Anyway TITAN Pascal can't be fast even as GTX1070 SLI.