cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Spatha Problems

ChecKJaM
Level 7
Hi,

Im having some problems with the ROG spatha mouse.
I have had it for couple of days. I connect it to my pc and downloaded the latest software from the website. Its the rog armory and immediately it tells me to update the firmware within the software, which I do.
Now that I open the software and go to check for updates, it tells me I have the latest updates. However I wonder if this is the latest updates to the wireless receiver itself and not just the mouse and the software ( I heard u should also update the receiver itself). But I cant find any info on this anywhere noir can I find the drivers for the receiver anywhere.

Anyway my problem:
Lag with the mouse in wireless. Well its a special lag that comes every now and then. Seems to come every time I open the software though and then stays even if I reboot. However if I pull the USB cable and plug it in another usb port it will work fine again. FOr a little while until the lag comes back. Last time I tried holding the Pair button on the mouse and that seemed to fix the lag problem, but then it came back a while after anyway.. so it comes and goes several times a day.

The lag problem: Well it is a special problem. two things that I have noticed so far.
problem one: Everytime I stop the cursor, say if I go left or right or whereever I go with the cursor, then stop it. It doesnt stop without going 2 pixels to some direction. For example I stop somewhere and it goes 1 pixel up one pixel left. Or one down one right. But it always happens at every stop. So this is super annoying obviousy and makes the mouse super hard to use while its in this mode.
Problem two: While it is in this lag state or problem state. It has another problem also and its a delay with the buttons and specially the scroll wheel. If I go to a website and I scroll one step up or down, it takes some time to register this scroll. If you scorll more then one step it gets really messy also..

These are my problems. The mouse is basically right next to the receiver here on my desktop also so it cannot be move it closer. I have tried several different USB ports and they all get the same problem after some time.
I have used several mice and I have the asus gladius also right now. I use that for games etc so its connected at the same time. My last mouse was a logitech g700s wireless that worked flawless...

Oki what do I do now..?
Thanks for the help..
18 REPLIES 18

FuryA
Level 8
Maybe try use another PC's and cross-test install new drive 2.105
https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-Spatha/HelpDesk/

Bahz
Level 12
I haven't really heard of anyone else with this issue, I'm also using the Spatha at work and I'm not experiencing the issues you've mentioned. I'll pass information over to our periperhals team to verify.

Bahz
Level 12
I didn't know but there's a new driver (V2.107) added yesterday that includes firmware upgrade for the base as well. I believe this version will fix the issue for you.

Bahz wrote:
I didn't know but there's a new driver (V2.107) added yesterday that includes firmware upgrade for the base as well. I believe this version will fix the issue for you.

hi,

Great to hear about update. I didnt find one when checking for updates inside the rog armory software.. I guess it is in asus website.
Will try it and return with updates!

Bahz wrote:

New update in place. And actually so far so good! ABout 15 minutes in and NO problems yet. Green light is always on the base, no blinking and lagging in mouse yet.
Doesnt even seem to cause problems when having the software open either. So looks like sucess so far!
Glad I didnt listen to asus swedish support (which doesnt even have support for mouse products in sweden), and turned it back in to the store.. If Asus Sweden doesnt provide support for these items why dont they just forward us to asus support located elsewhere to get help.
They dont even mention that I could go to this forum.. Its ashame cus asus have many good products and I had faith and waited for a firmware update, instead of listen to the swedish community that says asus support sucks when its just asus sweden that sucks... U guys should look in to this..

Thanks again

Bahz
Level 12
Thanks for your feedback, I'll be sure to forward your feedback to our service quality management team to look into this. Glad to hear that the issue is now resolved for you. Cheers.

bateto_007
Level 7
I have new driver: Software version: 1.01.19 and firmware version 1.57 . The docking not work. Wirless mode not work. When I press pairing to dock ... nothing, when I pres and hold - start blinking red. When I pres pairing to mouse - short blink and nothing.

bateto_007 wrote:
I have new driver: Software version: 1.01.19 and firmware version 1.57 . The docking not work. Wirless mode not work. When I press pairing to dock ... nothing, when I pres and hold - start blinking red. When I pres pairing to mouse - short blink and nothing.

Bought a Spartha yesterday, installed latest Armoury and having the same issue. =/

Me too