cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY WiFi issues (frequent lag spikes)

CRIMSON_NI9HT
Level 7
Hey, it has been a while since I was on here.

I have a g751jy with win10. I am having issues with connections in online games. I have an Intel 7620 wireless card, and every time I am in a game, I get frequent lag spikes. Everything else in the house works fine on the same router, including my Xbox One for gaming. I'm thinking it has something to do with the drivers on this laptop.

How do I check which driver I have now, and where do I download the latest drivers? I have been on the Asus website and downloaded what looked to be the drivers I needed, but there are a lot of files in that download, so I don't know which one to click for the correct install.

Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES 9

CRIMSON_NI9HT
Level 7
Anyone? I'm sure someone has an answer to this.

warryabel
Level 7
this issues is so old as mankind...:cool:

warryabel wrote:
this issues is so old as mankind...:cool:

I have noticed, and there is still no fix. Plus, I cant change to a better wifi card without voiding the warranty.

warryabel
Level 7
the only fix i know is you must search for settings in your hardware that not causing spikes... ive no lag,no spike, no hikup or bending. but i cant say if i can reach my max output of 270Mbit/s on wlan because ive never configured my devices for filetransfer between the devices.

x7007
Level 7
Hi,

Check with a program LatencyMon if you have spikes there, which causing lags and sound stuttering which sometimes you can hear and sometimes not.

make sure you use most updates wireless drivers , example intel_wlan_19.0.1.1-64(www.station-drivers.com)

and make sure you disable all the power saving in the Intel 7620 in the device manager.
Also use TCPOptimizer to have the current best settings for the TCP connections

nemerdekel
Level 7
One of my friends has the same wifi card, has been struggling with lag spikes for 2 years, the solution? go wired or change that ****ty wifi card, no driver or router setting will fix it. It's the cards problem.
Laptop: G751JL
Processor: i7-4750HQ
Graphics Card: GTX 965M
Memory: 8 GB Samsung (stock)
Storage #1: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
Storage #2: 1 TB 7200 rpm (stock)

warryabel
Level 7
u can use wlanoptimzer i can bet,its a setting thing believe it or not!
mostly i think the issue is because a/b/g/n and other lttle things.

nemerdekel
Level 7
It is not a setting thing, we tried 2.4 and 5 ghz on 3 different routers with every single channel and every single width, with and without security and every single setting. That card spikes with everything.
Laptop: G751JL
Processor: i7-4750HQ
Graphics Card: GTX 965M
Memory: 8 GB Samsung (stock)
Storage #1: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
Storage #2: 1 TB 7200 rpm (stock)

warryabel
Level 7
ok what should i say, on start i have theese spikes to,but hard try and error give me a perfect result thats fakt.
you have done all what u can... im sorry