cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD trouble fix

Bastian
Level 7
I received my g73jh refurbished from newegg.com. From the start, I kept getting random blue screen crashes (BSOD). I reloaded the O.S., I did the video bios update, installed all the newest drivers, installed the MS hot fixes, but still had random crashes mostly 0X0000000A1. Finally, I ran memtest86, several times and determined that I had a bad stick of ram, Why didn't I do that first? I thought that Kingston ram was thoroughly tested . I removed the bad stick and everything is running fine now, no crashes, no BSOD's. I called Asus tech support and tried to have Asus replace the one stick one ram but they wanted to have the entire laptop returned to the service center for service for one stick of ram. I already have too much time invested in software installs and I really like this notebook (except for the one bad stick of ram) . I love Asus motherboards and their notebooks, I've used them for years but their customer support sucks. In the past, I've had problems with both HP and Dell systems and they would send the repair parts, no problem. I would really like to Asus setup with service aspect of their customer support.:)
3 REPLIES 3

Retired
Not applicable
I feel your pain as I have purchased asus machines for 10 years or longer now and it would be nice if they cross shipped parts that are user installable but sad fact is they have never done it with me and I see no time in future they will. If you don't want to deal with asus RMA call newegg and see if they will exchange part. If not just buya new stick and replace yourself.

Thanks for the reply. I initially called newegg.com to see they would swap out the for me but they said it was an Asus warranty issue. I'm just going to replace the ram out of my pocket. It too bad that Asus can't step up and extend their warranty service to have field techs.

Look for a local ASUS Authorized Dealer or Repair Center, they should be able to replace the defective memory module for you.

There is a list of Global Authorized service centers here:
http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?821-ASUS-Republic-of-Gamers-Global-Notebook-Authorized-...