cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 - so slow to boot from SSD

kemble9900
Level 7
Hi, my G752 take HDD times to boot, does anyone know any fixes that dont require a new ssd or replacing my 2.5" HDD. I've checked and everything it booting from the SSD. If you dont know would a new ssd fix it, if so I was thinking of this one: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/256gb-samsung-pm951-m2-(22x80)-pcie-30-(x4)-nvme-ssd-nand-flash-read... Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

Gustave
Level 9
What is your current configuration? Which G752 type do you own? I would go for a NVMe M.2 Samsung 950 Pro SSD. It's a bit speedier and has better warranty specs. The 1/2TB variant is also quicker than the 1/4TB variant. But also more expensive.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gustave wrote:
What is your current configuration? Which G752 type do you own? I would go for a NVMe M.2 Samsung 950 Pro SSD. It's a bit speedier and has better warranty specs. The 1/2TB variant is also quicker than the 1/4TB variant. But also more expensive.

Mine is the G752VY with the 1tb hdd and the 512gb ssd.

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
Have you update the bios to latest version? This solved the issues.

ROG_HARDCORE wrote:
Have you update the bios to latest version? This solved the issues.

I have bios version G752VY.208. If this isn't the right one would/how would you recommend upgrading?

http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1 You find you updated drivers at this location.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1 You find you updated drivers at this location.

Thanks

JustinThyme
Level 13
Update BIOS to 213.
208 is not even available anymore.
Go to the link above, type in model, select drivers and tools then others from the drop down menu.
Download 213, extract it to a place you can find it.

From the same page navigate to you window version from the dropdown and download latest winflash under bios utilities.
Install the winflash

Start>all apps>ASUS>winflash

Launch, point it to where you extract the BIOS file and follow the prompts.
It will reboot, then you will see the flash utility launch, erasing old, loading new then reboot again.

Before you start any of this make note of your current BIOS settings.
After the flash if it doesnt reboot you may need to check the BIOS settings to make sure its all good.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Update BIOS to 213.
208 is not even available anymore.
Go to the link above, type in model, select drivers and tools then others from the drop down menu.
Download 213, extract it to a place you can find it.

From the same page navigate to you window version from the dropdown and download latest winflash under bios utilities.
Install the winflash

Start>all apps>ASUS>winflash

Launch, point it to where you extract the BIOS file and follow the prompts.
It will reboot, then you will see the flash utility launch, erasing old, loading new then reboot again.

Before you start any of this make note of your current BIOS settings.
After the flash if it doesnt reboot you may need to check the BIOS settings to make sure its all good.

Thanks

kemble9900
Level 7
Thanks to everyone who helped my boot time is down to 5.9 seconds 🙂