cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB devices randomly self turn off and on back again...

orcinus
Level 7
I'm not sure, but I suspect this could have something to do with the power supply of USB ports. I have no idea why this happens, but randomly my USB devices just go offline and then back online, like these were unplugged and plugged in back again.
This happens more often during gaming (higher load?) but sometimes for no apparent reason.

Is there a setting where I can check what is going on? Is this a board malfunction? What may be the problem?

Also, this more often happens with my keyboard, but sometimes with my camera (Logitech) or a microphone (Yeti) if I'm in a conference call...

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

System: Windows 10 x64
BIOS: 3101
8 REPLIES 8

orcinus
Level 7
Is there a voltage supply I can set higher for all the USB hubs?

Vlada011
Level 10
You have best possible PSU on the world.
Problem only could be in motherboard. Did you tried with some older driver for controllers, or to change USB Ports?
From ASMedia to Intel or from Intel to ASMedia.

orcinus
Level 7
I've tried all I could. It started happening only recently, but nothing has changed. It affects only and only USB. I'd suspect the board is the problem, but I'm so annoyed by even the fact I'd have to RMA it. I can't be without a machine for a day, let alone weeks.

orcinus wrote:
I've tried all I could. It started happening only recently, but nothing has changed. It affects only and only USB. I'd suspect the board is the problem, but I'm so annoyed by even the fact I'd have to RMA it. I can't be without a machine for a day, let alone weeks.

Mine has been doing this for months and I can't figure it out. About to just find a different board all together....

Tschelle10 wrote:
Mine has been doing this for months and I can't figure it out. About to just find a different board all together....

What devices? What Windows? Can you please give more details, it may help.

I'm not really happy about the option to pull my machine out and assemble it again..

Anyone from Asus?

I was having the same issue i downloaded asmedia package b on this page to update my drivers and have not had it happen to me since. It was especially bad with my Razer Mamba as well as my Vive but no issues in the last 2 weeks using these drivers i hope it helps.

http://www.win-raid.com/t834f25-USB-Drivers-original-and-modded.html

RazerBaird wrote:
I was having the same issue i downloaded asmedia package b on this page to update my drivers and have not had it happen to me since. It was especially bad with my Razer Mamba as well as my Vive but no issues in the last 2 weeks using these drivers i hope it helps.

http://www.win-raid.com/t834f25-USB-Drivers-original-and-modded.html

I've fallen back to BIOS 1902 and no problems so far. Of course, not a solution, but... - i was using official drivers from Asus web.