Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by jrok96 View Post
    I will have to give it a try. I didn't know you could manage your gpu in ai suite anyways. So with this method u can have gpu tweak installed then?
    Usualy, if you click in the AI suite TPU pan, in the top window right pan, you can see a GPU menu. In this menu you can manage your GPU fan...
    You can install GPU tweak before or after, it will function correctly.
    Last edited by Nexus7; 08-02-2016 at 03:14 AM. Reason: error correction

ROG Member Array

Ok, this has been going on for at least a month. Where is the fix? I purchased an Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha motherboard for all the advertised features. I did not pay almost $300 for this motherboard to have a large chunk of the connectivity and features disabled.

This is unacceptable at this point.....

ASUS-OP you have not responded with any updates..... people have been asking....

This is also unacceptable....

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by nimlocke View Post
    Ok, this has been going on for at least a month. Where is the fix? I purchased an Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha motherboard for all the advertised features. I did not pay almost $300 for this motherboard to have a large chunk of the connectivity and features disabled.

This is unacceptable at this point.....

ASUS-OP you have not responded with any updates..... people have been asking....

This is also unacceptable....
    You are absolutely right. I bought ASUS products for 1800$(US) for this PC thinking it would be best getting as much as possible from one manufacturer to ensure great operability. What I got was just the opposite. I can understand that problems can arise with "new" software and drivers, but ASUS has known about this issue since at least mid June and still there is no "fix" or any updates from ASUS. All we get is that " we are working on it". Just forget about AI Suite 3. I only used it for fan control but now I just set the fans in BIOS and connected 2 intake fans directly to my graphics card. If you really want fan control try Speedfan

New ROGer Array Mouxy PC Specs
    Mouxy PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Extreme Assembly
    ProcessorI7-6700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX 1080
    Graphics Card #2ROG STRIX 1080
    MonitorROG SWIFT PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950PRO M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200i
    Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion Black
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Logitech G633
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries HUD
    Network RouterUbiquiti Unifi USG

Working

Hi Guys,

I sent this message to an Asus Rep.

This way AI3 is working for me with 2 SLI Strix 1080.

////////Message////////

I'm able to run AI3 with the latest nvidia drivers at the moment.
    If I use the version available (Version 1.01.30) in the download section of the Maximus Extreme it works just fine.
    If i download the version available ( Version 1.01.30) in the download section of the Maximus Extreme Assembly it doesn't work.

It is stated that they are both the same version but the software bundled inside;
    Assembly: (DIP5 V1.02.87) not working
    Extreme: (DIP5 V1.03.00) working fine.

_____

Another thing I noticed yesterday when running the latest version of GPUTweakII (GPUTweak2_Ver1322 after running ASUS_GPUTweakII_Remove_Tool_V1008) that when we try to change the fan settings, lots and lots of ASUSgpuFanControl32.exe (not entirely sure about the name of the process) are created, consuming 100% of the processor, hanging the OS.

///////END////

Hope this helps guys!

New ROGer Array

Nexus7 tip worked for me

Hi Guys,

here are my experiences with this damned issue in the behavior of AI3:

- I build up a new pc with Rampage V Extreme, STRIX GTX1070 and other cool hardware (most money was going to ASUS!)
    - I moved my old Win7 to this pc (spent a very lot of time to get it to work on the new SSD)
    - AI suite from old board wasn't working as expected, GPUTweak from old GTX680 does; uninstalled AI suite
    - upgraded it to Win10 (the easiest part of all)
    - installed AI3 from disk, GPUTweak is running, all was good
    - maked some adjustments in AI3 such as fan's, nothing aggressive
    - installed GPUTweakII from STRIX, restard, BSOD while booting, 2nd try succsessful
    - back in OS I got AccessViolation(s) from AI3 (don't remember wich exactly), no symbol in the taskbar (only EZUpdate) but still running in taskmanager!
    - reinstalled AI with newest version (AISuite3_Win7-8-81-10_R5E_V10101) from ASUS-site
    - restart with BSOD, automatic restart in repair mode of Win10
    - going to BIOS and reduced RAM speed because of some page_fault message in this BSOD
    - restart without repair windows, success, tons of errors from AI3
    - after 1 hour of seeking the net I found suggestions to deinstall AI3 and at least the hint for cleaner.exe
    - deinstalled AI3 again, run cleaner with errors and found out, that all AI-services still running!!! What kind of uninstaller is this for hell?
    Seems like to recycle a car with the driver in it.
    - stoped the services and run cleaner again, all is gone
    - restart, no problems, reinstall AI3 again
    - restart, now I've got the "AccessViolation in vender.dll" issue, symbol is in taskbar, but the AI-window is empty (only status at bottom)
    - new seek in the net and thanks god I've found your forum
    - followed the advise of Nexus7 and renamed this damned vender.dll in VGA COM path
    - restart again - all is fine! Both apps (AI3 and GPUTweakII are running fine)
    - now looking after vender.dll I've found 3 of them; 1 in GPUTweak (the old one from GTX680, whatever this uninstaller has removed, not GPUTweak),
    one in GPUTweakII and one in VGA COM, all different versions
    - now I've seeked in registry for vender.dll and only found a reference to the GPUTweakII one; it's a mystery for me how this other one can influence the AI3!

The conclusion for me of all this is, that renaming or removing of this useless (so it seems to me) vender.dll solved the problem. Maybe the ASUS-guy
    can tell us what is it good for and can present finally a solution after all this time for everyone (at last - but not least - a readme file in the
    AI3 AND GPUTweak would prevent most users from spending much time in solving this CRITICAL issue).

Greatings from Germany, Spacekiller.

P.S.: Thanks a lot to Nexus7 for investigating this solution!!!
    Last edited by Spacekiller; 08-03-2016 at 05:14 PM.

ROG Member Array gmariust PC Specs
    gmariust PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z97 GENE VII
    ProcessorIntel I7-4790K
    Memory (part number)16GB-Kit G.Skill Ares PC3-12800U CL9
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 970 OC Edition
    MonitorAsus PA328Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO 512GB
    Storage #2WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerArctic Liquid Freezer 120
    CaseSilverstone SG-09
    Power SupplyCorsair HX-850
    Keyboard Cherry MX 3.0
    Mouse Logitech Proteus G502
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus AC68U

Renaming Vender.ddl WORKS!!!

Hey Nexus7, thank you for this very simple and easy solution!! It worked for me once renamed the file and rebooted,
    the AI3 menu came back without any other uninstall or registry and service cleanup. Asus you should pay this guy for fixing your problems!!

ROG Member Array Kaliman PC Specs
    Kaliman PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z170-Pro Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6700K
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 450D
    Power SupplyCorsair 620HX

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus7 View Post
    Hi all,

I have found a solution if you want to continue to use your 1080 with AI suite 3.
    It's very easy:

Go to in C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\VGA COM\1.00.20 (if you use the last NVIDIA driver) and rename the library Vender.dll like vender.bak if you want.
    Now reboot your pc, install or open (if AI suite is already installed) the AI suit windows ... Enjoy

This library is not mendatory for the VGA or Windows system, but with this technique you can't manage your GPU in AI suite. For that you can use GPU Tweak.
    It's a temporary "patch"...

regard's
    Thanks for the help. On my computer I do not have that path, so I renamed Vender.dll in this path (C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\GPU TweakII) and now AISuite works. But, GPUTweak does not work, I have to play a game of renaming the file then opening the different apps for them to work.

Moderator Array

Hi guys,

Terribly sorry for the wait, I was on annual leave last week when the new release candidate was sent to me.
    I have sent everyone who has private messaged me requesting the release candidate build, drop me a message if you will like to try it before official release.

Once again terribly sorry for the delay

New ROGer Array bc9000 PC Specs
    bc9000 PC Specs
    MotherboardZ97-A
    Processor4790K
    Memory (part number)16gb
    Graphics Card #1Strix 1080
    CPU CoolerHyper 212 EVO
    OS Windows 10

Will do and thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUS-OP View Post
    Hi guys,

Terribly sorry for the wait, I was on annual leave last week when the new release candidate was sent to me.
    I have sent everyone who has private messaged me requesting the release candidate build, drop me a message if you will like to try it before official release.

ROG Member Array Kaliman PC Specs
    Kaliman PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z170-Pro Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6700K
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 450D
    Power SupplyCorsair 620HX

Quote Originally Posted by ASUS-OP View Post
    Hi guys,

I installed this version as well as version 1332 of GPUTweak and all is well. DIP and GPUTweak are behaving once again. I will report back if anything changes.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast