Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Moderator Array

Hi Nimlocke,

Please kindly confirm of the following statements are true (my understanding of your case):
    1. This will only occur when you have both GPUTweakII and AiSuite 3 installed.
    2. This will only occur when you attempt to shutdown your system if both GPUTweak II and AiSuite 3 are loaded in memory (Can find them in Task bar as the bottom right)
    3. This will only occur when you attempt to shutdown your system if both GPUTweak II and AiSuite 3 are loaded in memory, and AiSuite 3 is active as the foreground application (can be seen from desktop)
    4. You are currently running with the latest release version of both applications (GPU TweakII and AiSuite 3) without any registry change
    5. GPU Tweak II is installed "after the installation of AiSuite 3.

Please kindly help to confirm if my understanding is correct to help us dig further into your case.

Many thanks for your kind helps in advanced.

ROG Member Array

Release candidate

i installed the release candidate (get the pm from the asus op) over my AISuite that i downloaded from the asus web page for my mobo (Z170 Pro Gaming)
    and it is working for now, no vender.ddl error.
    I dont use the 5 way optimization because i dont want (need) to overclock right now with my i7 6700k
    (i undervolt it a bit with a slight -offset with adaptive settings on stock clocks in the bios, because the mobo gives a bit more volt than he needs).
    My asus strix 1070 is also now mentioned in the aisuite and gpu tweak II runs fine.

Thanks and greetings from germany.
    Last edited by nec; 08-08-2016 at 03:06 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ASUS-OP View Post
    Hi Nimlocke,

Please kindly confirm of the following statements are true (my understanding of your case):
    2. This will only occur when you attempt to shutdown your system if both GPUTweak II and AiSuite 3 are loaded in memory (Can find them in Task bar as the bottom right)
    3. This will only occur when you attempt to shutdown your system if both GPUTweak II and AiSuite 3 are loaded in memory, and AiSuite 3 is active as the foreground application (can be seen from desktop)
    4. You are currently running with the latest release version of both applications (GPU TweakII and AiSuite 3) without any registry change

Please kindly help to confirm if my understanding is correct to help us dig further into your case.

Hi Asus lab team

For me the vendor dll bug occurs with or without GPU TweakII installed.... to resolve the problem, i must rename the vendor.dll file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\VGA COM\1.00.20 folder

ROG Member Array

Hi Nimlocke,

1) no, it doesn't happen only when GPU and Ai suite 3 are installed
    2) no I tried to disable them from startup
    3)even if they are disabled from start up once opened once to check temp or do modifies there you go with the problem .Some process of ai suite were running (I can't remember the exact name).
    4) yes latest versions of ai suite 3 and gpu tweak tool and also latest bios. I also tried to use older versions of ai suite 3 and the one off box from cd
    5) yes and I also formatted the pc using just Ai suite, the main problem cames out from ai suite . There is something really wrong going on between Ai suite 3 and nvidia drivers. When I kept for more than a week my pc with just my processors GPU running without Nvidia driver installed everything was just fine.
    Last edited by Oconnor; 08-08-2016 at 09:09 PM.

Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus7 View Post
    Hi Asus lab team

For me the vendor dll bug occurs with or without GPU TweakII installed.... to resolve the problem, i must rename the vendor.dll file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\VGA COM\1.00.20 folder
    Hi Nexus7,

Yes, you will experience this even if you only have AiSuite 3 installed, as this module is bundled inside the AiSuite 3 package.
    Please kindly drop me a private message if you will like to try the release candidate.

Many thanks.

Moderator Array

Hi Oconnor,

Will you like to try if the release candidate helps in any way? If it still fails to resolve your issue, I will get your technical details and dive deeper into this case.
    What do you think?

ROG Member Array

Hi Nimlocke,

ASUS-OP

1. Yes, this has only occurred when I have BOTH GPUTweakII and AiSuite 3 installed. I previously uninstalled AiSuite 3 and that removed my original Dip / Vendor.dll errors.

2. No, The shutdown / System Hang Error is only occurring when A) I reinstalled AiSuite 3 (Dip / Vendor.dll errors disappeared) and B) If I had both programs running, but then turned off GPUTweakII (AiS 3 still running) and attempted to shut down. I am able to perform a full and correct shutdown if I leave BOTH programs running.

3. No, I haven't tested that scenario. However, with GPUTweakII in the forground and AiSuite 3 in the background (running on task bar lower right) I can shut down with no error.

4. Yes, after I uninstalled the previous AiSuite 3, I downloaded the most current version from asus.com/support. No registry change was needed. Dip / Vender.dll errors disappeared. There still appears to be some conflict between the programs and possibly the display driver.

5. No, Originally GPU tweak was installed on top of my already functioning AiSuite 3. I have since removed the AiSuite 3 and downloaded the latest version from asus.com/support. Essentially that has GPUTweakII operational prior to the new install of AiSuite 3. This removed the original Dip / Vendor.dll errors as stated above.

Also you can see that in my previous post with the error log during shutdown there was a problem with "ASGT", which appears to be the identifier for GPUTweakII. There error happens at the exact same time that the shutdown fails. Keep in mind the failure to shutdown was after I closed the GPUTweakII program. It appears that it is continuing to run in the background when not present on the lower right task bar.

VR/

Nim

ROG Enthusiast Array

How long till this "release candidate" is actually released?

ROG Member Array

Hi Oconnor,

Will you like to try if the release candidate helps in any way? If it still fails to resolve your issue, I will get your technical details and dive deeper into this case.
    What do you think?
    Sure I'd like to try it. I hope it can show the problem cause there is not a real BSOD no crash but the system hangs out forever with the screen saying rebooting or shutting down.

I was also tryinjg to investigate other possible causes to reproduce it. But it seems that it happens only when the graphic card an asus as well and nvidia driver are installed . I tried with and without firewall software wondering if comodo had some conflict with it, but all the others having the same iussue might surely using other software than comodo. Once after fresh system install without any other software installed (no antivirus no firewall) just ai suite 3 and nvidia driver the problem came back

ROG Member Array Kaliman PC Specs
    Kaliman PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z170-Pro Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6700K
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 450D
    Power SupplyCorsair 620HX

Quote Originally Posted by Oconnor View Post
    Sure I'd like to try it. I hope it can show the problem cause there is not a real BSOD no crash but the system hangs out forever with the screen saying rebooting or shutting down.

I was also tryinjg to investigate other possible causes to reproduce it. But it seems that it happens only when the graphic card an asus as well and nvidia driver are installed . I tried with and without firewall software wondering if comodo had some conflict with it, but all the others having the same iussue might surely using other software than comodo. Once after fresh system install without any other software installed (no antivirus no firewall) just ai suite 3 and nvidia driver the problem came back
    Out of curiosity, when you installed AISuite, did you install the USB 3 Boost? Did it install successfully or hang?

When I try to install the USB 3 Boost on my Z170 Pro Gaming it hangs, once it hangs on the install, or uninstall the computer then fails to shutdown or reboot. Instead the system hangs on the shutting down or rebooting screen with the spinning dots.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast