Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Same issues

I can confirm I have the same issues trying to use the latest version of AI Suite 3 on Windows 10 64-bit with a GTX1080 and the latest Nvidia drivers installed.

Any update on when we might see a fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

New ROGer Array

Hi all,

I got the following PM from j1mmyfever this morning (waiting for his account to be authorised), and I can confirm that after following the steps below my problem has been resolved.

Not going to reinstall GPUTweak until there is some sort of official word on that.

I think the issue is actually GPUTweak related possibly.

My system:

Z97 Pro AC Wifi
    i4790k
    ASUS GTX 1080 Founders Edition

Uninstall AiSuite using Program/Features
    Uninstall GPU Tweak/GPU Tweak II (I had GPU Tweak II)
    Open an admin cmd prompt (right click, run as admin)
    Type Services.msc. Look for all services that start with ASUS. I had "ASUS Com Service", "ASUS HM Com Service", etc. Stop each one.
    Open properties for each one and look at the short Service Name.
    Back at prompt, type "sc delete <service name>" Don't use the display name, use the name from properties, ie: asComSvc
    Repeat for each ASUS service
    Delete ASUS folder from Program files and Program Files x86. Reboot
    Reinstall AiSuite with all features enabled. DO NOT reinstall GPU Tweak.

Note, I have the latest NVidia drivers, and did not touch anything NVidia through the entire process.
    FYI I am running a Z170I, i6700k and GTX1080 w/ latest drivers.

Cheers!

New ROGer Array

Awesome, glad it worked out.

I too had just installed GPUTweak off the CD that came with my new card yesterday.

I'm not sure how the code is written between the two ASUS products, but there are two different versions of Vender.dll, one included in each piece of software. I'm guessing that has something to do with the issue. Maybe they are trying to access the same location in memory or something silly.

-Jim

New ROGer Array

I can confirm that after uninstalling GPU Tweak and removing ASUS services.
    AiSuite 3 is working fine after re-installation. So problem definitely lies in GPU Tweak and most probably in DLL`s they both using.

Thanks gobbles for sharing this info.
    Last edited by RoverUKSF; 07-15-2016 at 04:27 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by gobbles View Post
    Hi all,

I got the following PM from j1mmyfever this morning (waiting for his account to be authorised), and I can confirm that after following the steps below my problem has been resolved.

Not going to reinstall GPUTweak until there is some sort of official word on that.

Cheers!
    probably Gpu tweak tool has some iussues too.
    I am glad that you are not having iussues. I installed once ai suite and gpu tweak II. By then I had those problems rebooting and seeing the pc stuck saying " shutting down" till I did from pc case. I formatted the pc with a fresh installation and installed just the drivers not optional programs like ai suite 3 and pc was running smooth. When I installed Ai suite 3 the pc started giving me back iussues. Freezing during reboot and shutting down and white page when opening the power option in windows control panel. AS They said above it must be related to the nvidia drivers: I have had my pc just with i7 and its gpu for a week and with AI suite installed and no problems at all. All the iussues came when I installed alsomy gpu and its drivers. Installed again ai suite (beforeI checked the services I had no asus services running) to uninstall the ai suite properly I used the ai suite removal tool I checked that the asus folder was empty and deleted it.
    Last edited by Oconnor; 07-15-2016 at 05:48 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

?

So how is it going with the "fix"? At asus.com/support latest AI Suite 3 version for download for my MB was released march 2016?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by gobbles View Post
    Hi all,

Cheers!
    I can confirm this fix work, however i freshly installed windows 10 last week when i got my 1080 Strix and never had GPU Tweak installed on the system, i did have MSI Afterburner installed tho

The first time i tried the method described above i had left MSI afterburner installed and used the AI suite "fix" provided by "Asus Op" via PM and it did NOT work, so i tried again but this time i uninstalled MSI Afterburner and used the publicly available AI suite and it worked right away

So i cant say for sure but i assume any GPU program that you already have installed (either Afterburner or GPU Tweak) is causing issues

Edit: i also reinstalled Afterburner again and AI suite and Afterburner both work again without problems

I am running a Z97 Hero with i7 4790K and GTX 1080 Strix with latest Drivers
    Last edited by Haximaxi; 07-17-2016 at 10:34 AM.

ROG Member Array Kaliman PC Specs
    Kaliman PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z170-Pro Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6700K
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 450D
    Power SupplyCorsair 620HX

Quote Originally Posted by Haximaxi View Post
    I can confirm this fix work, however i freshly installed windows 10 last week when i got my 1080 Strix and never had GPU Tweak installed on the system, i did have MSI Afterburner installed tho

The first time i tried the method described above i had left MSI afterburner installed and used the AI suite "fix" provided by "Asus Op" via PM and it did NOT work, so i tried again but this time i uninstalled MSI Afterburner and used the publicly available AI suite and it worked right away

So i cant say for sure but i assume any GPU program that you already have installed (either Afterburner or GPU Tweak) is causing issues

Edit: i also reinstalled Afterburner again and AI suite and Afterburner both work again without problems

I am running a Z97 Hero with i7 4790K and GTX 1080 Strix with latest Drivers
    This did not work for me. After uninstalling everything and re-installing AISuite, I still have the .dll errors.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliman View Post
    This did not work for me. After uninstalling everything and re-installing AISuite, I still have the .dll errors.
    After reading what you wrote it seems to me you just uninstalled and reinstalled AISuite again but that indeed does not work, if you follow the steps jimmy writes down a few comments above here and make sure you dont have GPUtweak or MSI afterburner (or similar programs like perhaps EVGA precision) installed then it should work atleast it did for me and a few others too.

Tho obviously you need to be carefull with what your doing and dont turn off services or delete folders your not sure about

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Haximaxi View Post
    Tho obviously you need to be carefull with what your doing and dont turn off services or delete folders your not sure about
    Exactly....so thats why im awaiting this magical fix for weeks now....

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast