Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Vender.dll

Quote Originally Posted by stan.kay View Post
    Unfortunately the change you propose does NOT work for many people. In some cases it creates the illussion of working but when you actually attempt to choose fans speeds using Fan Xpert (those marked Silent, Standard, Turbo and Full Speed|) only the Full Speed works correcrctly the others do not work correctly.

WINDOWS 8.1 PRO X64BITS
    STRIX GTX 1080 OC
    HERO BIOS rev. 3103
    1-Uninstall AiSuite using Program/Features
    2-Uninstall GPU Tweak/GPU Tweak II (I had GPU Tweak II)
    3-Clean pc with revo unistaller or ccleaner
    4-Restart pc
    5-Install not run "GPU Tweak/Aura/ASUS AI Suite 3 DIP 5"
    6-Rename file
    C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\VGA COM\1.00.20\vender.dll

Fans speeds using Fan Xpert (those marked Silent, Standard, Turbo and Full Speed,) + personal adjustment works correcrctly + asus GPU Tweakll works correcrctly + aura LED works.

"check ok"

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by LUISMACIAL View Post
    WINDOWS 8.1 PRO X64BITS
    STRIX GTX 1080 OC
    HERO BIOS rev. 3103
    4-Restart pc
    6-Rename file

Fans speeds using Fan Xpert (those marked Silent, Standard, Turbo and Full Speed,) + personal adjustment works correcrctly + asus GPU Tweakll works correcrctly + aura LED works.

"check ok"
    Many thanks for your response giving details of how you got your system to work correctly. I, and many others, used exactly the same procedure but it did not solve our problem. The issue is WHY does the procedure work for you but not for others? In my view, the key is are there any diffreneces in our PC systems? In my case the differences are: -

1. You are using Windows 8.1 and I am using Windows 10
    2. You are using a Hero motherboard and I am using a Z97 Deluxe
    3. You are using a STRIX GTX 1080 and I am using a STRIX GTX 1060
    4. Another important issue is whether any of my software (i.e NVIDIA drivers) is impacting the function of AI Suite. This has been dismissed because if I simply remove my new ASUS GTX 1060 and return my old EVGA GTX770 then AI Suite III works perfectly. It follows that, for me, NVIDIA drivers and all other software CANNOT be the cause because using my EVGA GTX770 does not produce problems. Clearly, something inherent in my ASUS GTX 1060 is causing the problem.
    4. My final point is that I got the problem and I have NOT installed GPU Tweak/Aura so they are not causing the problem.

My discussions with ASUS Technical Support have covered ALL of these differences, and unfortunately, they are yet to determine WHAT is causing this issue for so many people.

SUPPLEMENT: I have completed further investigations and have established that the act of installing any of the ASUS GTX 1000 series cards creates the following new services in addition to the AsusFanControlService which is installed by an ASUS Motherboard: -

1. ASUS Com Service
    2. ASUS HM Com Service
    3. ASUS System Control Service

Since my own tests clearly show that software from other suppliers (i.e. NVIDIA) is NOT causing the problem then I sense that these 3 new services may be conflicting. I shall do further tests to validate this hypothesis.
    Last edited by stan.kay; 11-10-2016 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Provided a supplement

ROG Member Array

Many thanks for your response giving details of how you got your system to work correctly. I, and many others, used exactly the same procedure but it did not solve our problem. The issue is WHY does the procedure work for you but not for others? In my view, the key is are there any diffreneces in our PC systems? In my case the differences are: -

1. You are using Windows 8.1 and I am using Windows 10
    2. You are using a Hero motherboard and I am using a Z97 Deluxe
    3. You are using a STRIX GTX 1080 and I am using a STRIX GTX 1060
    4. Another important issue is whether any of my software (i.e NVIDIA drivers) is impacting the function of AI Suite. This has been dismissed because if I simply remove my new ASUS GTX 1060 and return my old EVGA GTX770 then AI Suite III works perfectly. It follows that, for me, NVIDIA drivers and all other software CANNOT be the cause because using my EVGA GTX770 does not produce problems. Clearly, something inherent in my ASUS GTX 1060 is causing the problem.
    4. My final point is that I got the problem and I have NOT installed GPU Tweak/Aura so they are not causing the problem.

My discussions with ASUS Technical Support have covered ALL of these differences, and unfortunately, they are yet to determine WHAT is causing this issue for so many people.

SUPPLEMENT: I have completed further investigations and have established that the act of installing any of the ASUS GTX 1000 series cards creates the following new services in addition to the AsusFanControlService which is installed by an ASUS Motherboard: -

1. ASUS Com Service
    2. ASUS HM Com Service
    3. ASUS System Control Service

Since my own tests clearly show that software from other suppliers (i.e. NVIDIA) is NOT causing the problem then I sense that these 3 new services may be conflicting. I shall do further tests to validate this hypothesis.
    At last there is proof that the aforementioned services are indeed conflicting. The solution for me was to: -

1. Uninstall AiSuite using Program/Features
    2. Uninstall GPU Tweak
    3. Open an admin cmd prompt
    4. Type Services.msc then find all services that start with ASUS. I found four namely ASUS Com Service, ASUS HM Com Service, ASUS System Control Service and AsusFanControlService. Then stop each one.
    5. Open properties for each one and note the four Service Names.
    6. Now return to the Command Prompt and type "sc delete <service name>" Don't use the dispaly name and don't use the symbols < and > as they are only place markers. When the delete process is completed, repeat the process for each of the identified services.
    7. Delete the ASUS folder in Program Files and Program Files x86 then reboot.
    8. When the reboot is completed, reinstall Ai Suite III but DO NOT install GPU Tweak

Good luck

New ROGer Array

work... ?

does anyone know when this new version of AI 3 will be available for download?

works for me in this way, I turn off Ai 3 (dont unistall Ai 3 and GPU Tweak), and turn on AI 3 from start menu - then Ai 3 and GPU Tweak II working properly

the problem occurs only when I start windows!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by LUISMACIAL View Post
    WINDOWS 8.1 PRO X64BITS
    STRIX GTX 1080 OC
    HERO BIOS rev. 3103
    4-Restart pc
    6-Rename file

"check ok"
    Rename form "?" to "?" ???

New ROGer Array

I'm having the same issues, GTX1080 STRIX A8G with Z170 Premium motherboard on Windows 7.

Is there a temporary fix?

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by lailoken View Post
    I'm having the same issues, GTX1080 STRIX A8G with Z170 Premium motherboard on Windows 7.

Is there a temporary fix?

hey man ,

The main problem of the whole thing: DO NOT USE THE ASUS STRIX DRIVER CD. A thousand answers here in the thread but no leads to the goal.

Delete gputweak, aura and aisuite3 completely.
    Use "revo cleaner" for it (be careful with revo cleaner) also temp files. Best start your pc in safe mode. To delete all aisuite entries.
    Download the latest versions of gputweak, aura & gputweak cleaner from the asus page down.
    Run the gputweak cleaner (for safety)

Install aisuite3, gputweak & aura.
    If everything has worked out, no error messages. With me it was so.

links : http://www.asus.com/de/search/result...t=False&Page=1

greetings
    Last edited by rokK0; 11-17-2016 at 02:05 PM.

New ROGer Array

Same issue as well

Hello,

I am having this issue as well, I am unable to find a working solution.

I've tried uninstalling, using the cleaner, running ccleaner, reinstalling.

everything was working great with my 970, and then I put in my dual 1080 strix cards.

I am NOT using GPU Tweak I or II, its not even installed, and I also don't have Aura installed either.

When is Asus going to put an update out for this? its incredibly frustrating.

Thanks!

EDIT: Issue solved, see post below.
    Last edited by Mutantrex; 12-01-2016 at 02:57 AM.

New ROGer Array

Confirming Stan.Kay's method

This worked for me as well. Thank you Stan.Kay! I hope this works for others as well

At last there is proof that the aforementioned services are indeed conflicting. The solution for me was to: -

1. Uninstall AiSuite using Program/Features
    2. Uninstall GPU Tweak
    3. Open an admin cmd prompt
    4. Type Services.msc then find all services that start with ASUS. I found four namely ASUS Com Service, ASUS HM Com Service, ASUS System Control Service and AsusFanControlService. Then stop each one.
    5. Open properties for each one and note the four Service Names.
    6. Now return to the Command Prompt and type "sc delete <service name>" Don't use the dispaly name and don't use the symbols < and > as they are only place markers. When the delete process is completed, repeat the process for each of the identified services.
    7. Delete the ASUS folder in Program Files and Program Files x86 then reboot.
    8. When the reboot is completed, reinstall Ai Suite III but DO NOT install GPU Tweak

Good luck

New ROGer Array

Hi guys. I'm having the same problem. My specs:
    I7 4790K
    Maximus VII Hero
    16 GB RAM Gskill Ripjaws (4x4gb)
    W10 Pro Aniversary Update
    Samsung SSD 850 Pro
    Asus 1060 Strix

Installed W10 last night, and installed all Asus driver and utilities from the cd, AI Suite is showing the same error since the first installation. Ai Suite starts with the error and Dual Intelligent Processor never runs.
    This error appeared even before installing the 1060 or GPU Tweak. I have another PC, based on Asus X99A 3.1, an i7 5820K and a SLI of Asus Titan X (series 9) and AI SUite works perfectly on this pc.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast