cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving BIOS settings?

MatG
Level 9
I've been missing the option to save my changes in BIOS settings, but i can't seem to find it.

Is it not an option or is this a stupid question because i can't find it? 😉 :cool:
11 REPLIES 11

FireRx
Level 11
F10 on you keyboard before you exit and click save.
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

FireRx wrote:
F10 on you keyboard before you exit and click save.

Oh my god, how easy 🙂 but what do i do when i need to load the settings?

MatG wrote:
Oh my god, how easy 🙂 but what do i do when i need to load the settings?

If you're referring to the Factory settings, it's F5.

Chino wrote:
If you're referring to the Factory settings, it's F5.

No, not the factory settings. Its only because i was tired of all the changes if have made. Every time i use factory settings og update BIOS, i have to do it all over again.

Raja
Level 13
In the Tools section of UEFI you can save profiles and also export them to a USB drive. You should be able to find these features in the manual that shipped with your board.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
In the Tools section of UEFI you can save profiles and also export them to a USB drive. You should be able to find these features in the manual that shipped with your board.

I did that, but are the profiles not deleted when upgrading to a new BIOS? The ones i have doesnt seems to be there after upgrading to 3101

MatG wrote:
I did that, but are the profiles not deleted when upgrading to a new BIOS? The ones i have doesnt seems to be there after upgrading to 3101

That's correct. Saved profiles only work on the BIOS version where you saved them. So when updating your BIOS, you should write down your settings on a piece of paper or take screenshots using the F12 key. There's no way around it. 🙂

Chino wrote:
That's correct. Saved profiles only work on the BIOS version where you saved them. So when updating your BIOS, you should write down your settings on a piece of paper or take screenshots using the F12 key. There's no way around it. 🙂

Thanks Chino, for confim that im not totally nuub 😄

Well, what if i save my profile to a USB Stick, will i be able to use it with a new BIOS?

Qwinn
Level 11
Matg:

A saved profile will only work with the specific BIOS version it was created with. Once you save a 3101 BIOS profile on a USB stick, you can reload it whenever you are using 3101 (and only 3101). But for each distinct BIOS version, you will need to key in your settings manually at least once.

I like to play with different BIOS's. I think I have saved profiles on my USB stick for almost every BIOS version since 1701.