cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Front Base - Clock not working

Jagdseelen
Level 8
The clock on my ASUS ROG Front Base shows as --:-- and will not update and it has been this way since I had a power outage.

I have tried disconnecting it from the motherboard.

Updated FW to v48.

Re installed software.

and a couple of things I've forgotten.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I have no faith in ASUS even reading this post so I am asking you the customers more than ASUS.
19 REPLIES 19

Bahz
Level 12
So your ROG front base was working and showing the clock speed numbers before the outage?

Did you also recently upgrade to Windows 10?

Bahz wrote:
So your ROG front base was working and showing the clock speed numbers before the outage?

Did you also recently upgrade to Windows 10?

yes and it is the time clock I'm talking about, not the CPU clock speed.

I upgraded to Windows 10 x64 Pro day 1. But I did reinstall it 20/04/16 in a attempt to fix the problem.

Bahz
Level 12
From what I know these are the minimum requirements:

Front Base Driver:V1.01.17
FW: V48 (included in driver)

Note 1: Must install both driver and ROG Connect Plus to ensure all functions work properly.
Note 2: Support models: ROG Maximus VIII series (Intel Z170), Maximus VII series (Intel Z97) motherboards, Maximus VI series (Intel Z87), Rampage V Extreme, Rampage IV Black Edition, CrossBlade Ranger motherboards

Since it was working so I assume you meet all the above requirements. If you verified you have V48 or later firmware and have at least driver version V1.01.17 or later installed then you may need to send the unit back for RMA.

Bahz wrote:
From what I know these are the minimum requirements:

Front Base Driver:V1.01.17
FW: V48 (included in driver)

Note 1: Must install both driver and ROG Connect Plus to ensure all functions work properly.
Note 2: Support models: ROG Maximus VIII series (Intel Z170), Maximus VII series (Intel Z97) motherboards, Maximus VI series (Intel Z87), Rampage V Extreme, Rampage IV Black Edition, CrossBlade Ranger motherboards

Since it was working so I assume you meet all the above requirements. If you verified you have V48 or later firmware and have at least driver version V1.01.17 or later installed then you may need to send the unit back for RMA.

Latest Firmware and software is installed.

Requirements met and then some.

have also checked to make sure cables attached properly.

Jagdseelen
Level 8
Buying ASUS products is starting to get costly with all the RMAing needed.

I'm starting to consider buying different brands that do not require so much RMAing.

Code_Frenzy
Level 9
Sorry for the late reply, I've not been on the ROG forum for a while. My own experience is that my ROG Front Base connected to a Maximus VIII Hero Alpha board loses its configuration every time I drop the power to the PC. In my case it always loses the audio preset section of the display. I'm not the only one to have experienced this and believe it to be a software glitch that has not been resolved yet.
To fix the problem I have to flash to V47 and shutdown windows completely. Reboot and then flash to V48 and all works correctly again. Very occasionally the flash to V48 fails to fix the problem and I need to repeat the procedure, but more often that not it works first time. I bought ASUS thinking that I was paying for quality, I'm convinced that it is no longer the case 😞

Jagdseelen
Level 8
unfortunately your solution did not work for me

JemTheWire
Level 7
The latest FrontBase FW is v51

JemTheWire wrote:
The latest FrontBase FW is v51

That FW is for when the newer X99 boards are being used and not the Z170 boards.