cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G551JW Auto Shut Down while gaming, solved by changing BIOS

klinelozada
Level 7
Hello Guys,

I have this weird problem, I'm not sure if it's really weird but, the thing is, whenever i play Dota 2 or any other heavily graphic games, it shuts down before even started
playing, but i found this rare solution which is changing the bios, whenever these things happened.

The weird thing about this is , i have the same version of bios G551JW.T06 before i reinstalled the same bios.
So in short, whenever my g551 gets shutdown while gaming, i just reinstall the G551JW.T06 bios over and over whenever the problem occurs.

Then my laptop wouldn't shut down, since i'm planning to return this before july to cover the warranty.

Now the question is, why do you think does this happened? Why changing bios does the trick every time the problem occurs?

Thank You
1 REPLY 1

noobOC
Level 7
I think you would have found that just restarting the game again would have fixed it (if you could manage to alt tab the game). I think it just overheats or hits some memory issue. Probably with the GTX card. I couldn't seem to find any acurate data in the sys logs about when it happened. Just generic app hang codes. It never acually shuts down. It goes to sleep like state. I decided it wasn't detecting me as active when using a controller.
PC [BRICKED]
B]Motherboard ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z Processor AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 1200.5 MHz (DDR3-2400Graphics Card XFX Radeon R9 380 [BRICKED]

Laptop
ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7 4720HQChipsetIntel® HM87 Express Chipset Operating SystemWindows 10 HomeDisplay17.3" 16:9 IPS FHD (1920x1080) anti-glareGraphicsNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 965M with 2GB GDDR5Optical DriveSuper-Multi DVDStorage1TB HDD 7200 RPM(Dual HDD Support)