New ROGer Array

Question Affordable laptop for gaming?

Hi guys,

I need help buying a budget gaming laptop in which I can play games like GTA V, Call of Duty Ghost and CS Go. Those are my favorite.

While I love playing game on laptops my current on simply can't handle those games. I love Asus brand, and would like to buy a laptop dedicated for gaming that does not break my back account.

I have budget of about $500 (would that be enough?).

What laptop do you have for gaming? Which one would you recommend for someone on a tight budget?

I would really appreciate your suggestion.

Thanks!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by mattWoW View Post
    Hi guys,

I need help buying a budget gaming laptop in which I can play games like GTA V, Call of Duty Ghost and CS Go. Those are my favorite.

While I love playing game on laptops my current on simply can't handle those games. I love Asus brand, and would like to buy a laptop dedicated for gaming that does not break my back account.

I have budget of about $500 (would that be enough?).

What laptop do you have for gaming? Which one would you recommend for someone on a tight budget?

I would really appreciate your suggestion.

Thanks!

Currently nothing entry level for those games from Asus for that price.

Does it have to be laptop, your paying for gaming mobility thats extra 200-300$ at least just to be mobile !

Grab there desktop currently i found what i been recommending to people, found here. look for this model and this line from Asus, it is bundled with mouse / keyboard Monitor for this price at least 4 months ago it was....

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-asu...5-005056947d48

Plus its ROG branded

You wont be disappointed with the tower or the bundled software if its not serious 4k gaming your looking for. This will do 1080p at aroun 40-50fps med/med-low settings easy all day long.

Comes with a well known GPU thats known to hold up for years for what your looking for and below

Cheers, My2Cents

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1GTX980
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

If you only have a budget of $500 you might want to look for used/second hand. My previous gaming laptop was around $500 used and my current machine was about $800 factory refurbished.

As AtlasMinor said, you will get the most value with a desktop computer, so unless you move around I would go with that. The linked one does not have a monitor, but it has everything else.

Also, if you are willing to consider building a machine for yourself there are multiple tech sites that post system building information on a regular basis:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...t-pc,4523.html
    http://www.logicalincrements.com/
    This would allow you to tailor to your budget and have something very upgradeable when you have more money.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!