cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affordable laptop for gaming?

mattWoW
Level 7
Hi guys,

I need help buying a budget gaming laptop in which I can play games like GTA V, Call of Duty Ghost and CS Go. Those are my favorite.

While I love playing game on laptops my current on simply can't handle those games. I love Asus brand, and would like to buy a laptop dedicated for gaming that does not break my back account.

I have budget of about $500 (would that be enough?).

What laptop do you have for gaming? Which one would you recommend for someone on a tight budget?

I would really appreciate your suggestion. 🙂

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

AtlasMinor
Level 8
mattWoW wrote:
Hi guys,

I need help buying a budget gaming laptop in which I can play games like GTA V, Call of Duty Ghost and CS Go. Those are my favorite.

While I love playing game on laptops my current on simply can't handle those games. I love Asus brand, and would like to buy a laptop dedicated for gaming that does not break my back account.

I have budget of about $500 (would that be enough?).

What laptop do you have for gaming? Which one would you recommend for someone on a tight budget?

I would really appreciate your suggestion. 🙂

Thanks!

Currently nothing entry level for those games from Asus for that price.

Does it have to be laptop, your paying for gaming mobility thats extra 200-300$ at least just to be mobile !

Grab there desktop currently i found what i been recommending to people, found here. look for this model and this line from Asus, it is bundled with mouse / keyboard Monitor for this price at least 4 months ago it was....

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-asus-rog-desktop-pc-intel-core-processor-1tb-hard-drive?deal_option...

Plus its ROG branded 🙂

You wont be disappointed with the tower or the bundled software if its not serious 4k gaming your looking for. This will do 1080p at aroun 40-50fps med/med-low settings easy all day long.

Comes with a well known GPU thats known to hold up for years for what your looking for and below

Cheers, My2Cents

xeromist
If you only have a budget of $500 you might want to look for used/second hand. My previous gaming laptop was around $500 used and my current machine was about $800 factory refurbished.

As AtlasMinor said, you will get the most value with a desktop computer, so unless you move around I would go with that. The linked one does not have a monitor, but it has everything else.

Also, if you are willing to consider building a machine for yourself there are multiple tech sites that post system building information on a regular basis:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/q1-2016-system-builder-marathon-662-dollar-budget-pc,4523.html
http://www.logicalincrements.com/
This would allow you to tailor to your budget and have something very upgradeable when you have more money.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…