cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT Function keys and Alternate options?

rizzouk
Level 7
On the G752VT, the F1-12 keys have alternate options when used with the Fn key, for volume and screen brightness etc. Can the Fn be locked on so the keys by default use their alternate options and you use the Fn key to use them as normal function keys. I have a Dell XPS that has this functionality and have got so used to it, I think i'd miss it if I changed laptop.
2 REPLIES 2

nemerdekel
Level 7
as far as I know there is no such thing on Asus laptops, but I would also really like it. I almost never use the F keys
Laptop: G751JL
Processor: i7-4750HQ
Graphics Card: GTX 965M
Memory: 8 GB Samsung (stock)
Storage #1: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
Storage #2: 1 TB 7200 rpm (stock)

Gustave
Level 9
rizzouk wrote:
On the G752VT, the F1-12 keys have alternate options when used with the Fn key, for volume and screen brightness etc. Can the Fn be locked on so the keys by default use their alternate options and you use the Fn key to use them as normal function keys. I have a Dell XPS that has this functionality and have got so used to it, I think i'd miss it if I changed laptop.

On many (2 in 1) notebooks nowadays you see that the functions for the F-keys is swapped. On the MS Surface Pro 3 for example. You'll need to press the Fn key to use the F1-12 functions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]