cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post failure code A2

eric_iannone
Level 7
Recently reverted back from bios 3101 to 2101 bc of xmp issues.

After reverting back, setting my raid config and disabling CSM. The system will boot to desktop fine.

After enabling just XMP profile, I get hung on A2 during post until I clear CMOS.

Never had this happen before and I'm not sure what's causing it. Any help please?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
7 REPLIES 7

eric_iannone
Level 7
Doing done looking around, IDE detect error like it can't find the OS on my raid setup?

eric_iannone
Level 7
Maybe bc I disabled CSM? Not sure why XMP screws this up

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi eric.iannone 🙂

Qcode A2 is IDE detect so the problem lies with post sequence trying to find a HDD and will not continue till rectified.
Go into your Bios Boot Menu>Check Boot priority and check if your HDD or SSD is being seen. You may have to prioritize your drives.
You should have CSM enabled.
Would be a good idea to list your full system specs in your profile.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Hi eric.iannone 🙂

Qcode A2 is IDE detect so the problem lies with post sequence trying to find a HDD and will not continue till rectified.
Go into your Bios Boot Menu>Check Boot priority and check if your HDD or SSD is being seen. You may have to prioritize your drives.
You should have CSM enabled.
Would be a good idea to list your full system specs in your profile.

Full system specs are in my profile now.

Boot is set to Windows boot manager for UEFI.

Also, I noticed having CSM enabled makes the boot logo a bit bigger. Is having it enabled slowing the boot at all or any negative effects?

This is my profile on this site, I posted from my Tapatalk account.

MeanMachine
Level 13
Now I see you have Two SSD setup in Raid 0 so priority should be set in bios for the drive that has the OS on.
Maybe there is something with configuration of boot manager.

Personally I don't Raid and use an external drive to backup Data.
I hope you realize that raid 0 does not provide disk security.
There is no added redundancy for handling disk failures. If one disk dies you loose it all.
You have no trim support and is less reliable than a single disk with very little to no performance gain.

CSM provides legacy BIOS compatibility. It's only needed if you must install an older OS that doesn't support UEFI or older Legacy hardware.
A slight delay is encountered during Post cycle but no negative effects.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Qwinn
Level 11
If the last time you flashed your BIOS caused any "BIOS is updating" reboots to happen during the flash (as happens when going from 3101 to 2101, due to firmware updates being rolled back), I strongly recommend to flash 2101 again, over itself, cleanly where it doesn't have to deal with updating the firmwares during the flash. I went back and forth several times and about 1 out of 4 I had issues until I reflashed as described, then problems disappeared.

Lynkdev
Level 10
Thanks Qwinn, I did this and no more BSOD or A2 error codes.