Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 93

Thread: New BIOS 3202

  1. #1
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Qwinn PC Specs
    Qwinn PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme - BIOS 3301
    Processor5930K @ 4.4 GHz Adaptive 1.27v / 4.2 Ghz cache Offset +0.27v / Input 1.92v / LLC7
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb DDR4-2666Mhz 15-15-15-35-CR2 1.2v at XMP settings
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti OC to 1455Mhz Core 8000Mhz memory at Stock Voltage
    Graphics Card #2Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti SLI
    MonitorROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 750 PCIe 1.2TB
    Storage #2Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate (360" rad AIO)
    CaseThermalTake v71 Full Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Saitek Eclipse II
    Mouse Razer A5090 Master of Destiny
    OS Windows 10 Professional 64 bit Build 10586

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Reputation
    46
    Posts
    670

    New BIOS 3202

    Just saw this posted on the ASUS RVE download page.

    Post results here. I'll be trying it soon.

    EDIT: Since it doesn't appear to be up on the USA version of the download page yet, you can find it on the global version here:

    https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RA...Desk_Download/
    Last edited by Qwinn; 06-20-2016 at 11:45 PM.

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Qwinn PC Specs
    Qwinn PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme - BIOS 3301
    Processor5930K @ 4.4 GHz Adaptive 1.27v / 4.2 Ghz cache Offset +0.27v / Input 1.92v / LLC7
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb DDR4-2666Mhz 15-15-15-35-CR2 1.2v at XMP settings
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti OC to 1455Mhz Core 8000Mhz memory at Stock Voltage
    Graphics Card #2Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti SLI
    MonitorROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 750 PCIe 1.2TB
    Storage #2Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate (360" rad AIO)
    CaseThermalTake v71 Full Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Saitek Eclipse II
    Mouse Razer A5090 Master of Destiny
    OS Windows 10 Professional 64 bit Build 10586

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Reputation
    46
    Posts
    670

    Okay, I installed it. Surprisingly, it went through the reboot procedure where firmware is being updated once going from 3101 to 3202, but only once instead of twice like it does going from anything before 3008 to 3101. So either one firmware's been updated again or one's been reverted. Here's the version numbers I got from the BIOS - I don't have them listed for 3101 so not sure which changed:

    iROG1 - RGE1-X99-0515
    iROG2 - RGE2-X99-0206
    ME - 9.1.37.1002
    Microcode - 2d (I know this one didn't change)

    Booted up into Windows fine with memory at XMP settings. (I stopped using my 3000Mhz memory overclock a few weeks ago because one boot it'd be rock solid stable and the next it'd cause huge errors. I won't try it again until people start saying wonderful things about consistent memory stability on one of these BIOS).

    Boot time *might* have improved. Hard to tell for sure yet. It's not slower than 3101, at least.
    Last edited by Qwinn; 06-20-2016 at 10:23 PM.

  3. #3
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    32

    Quote Originally Posted by Qwinn View Post
    Okay, I installed it. Surprisingly, it went through the reboot procedure where firmware is being updated once going from 3101 to 3202, but only once instead of twice like it does going from anything before 3008 to 3101. So either one firmware's been updated again or one's been reverted. Here's the version numbers I got from the BIOS - I don't have them listed for 3101 so not sure which changed:

    iROG1 - RGE1-X99-0515
    iROG2 - RGE2-X99-0206
    ME - 9.1.37.1002
    Microcode - 2d (I know this one didn't change)

    Booted up into Windows fine with memory at XMP settings. (I stopped using my 3000Mhz memory overclock a few weeks ago because one boot it'd be rock solid stable and the next it'd cause huge errors. I won't try it again until people start saying wonderful things about consistent memory stability on one of these BIOS).

    Boot time *might* have improved. Hard to tell for sure yet. It's not slower than 3101, at least.
    Is the XMP issue with 3101 bsod fixed with 3202?

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Qwinn PC Specs
    Qwinn PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme - BIOS 3301
    Processor5930K @ 4.4 GHz Adaptive 1.27v / 4.2 Ghz cache Offset +0.27v / Input 1.92v / LLC7
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb DDR4-2666Mhz 15-15-15-35-CR2 1.2v at XMP settings
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti OC to 1455Mhz Core 8000Mhz memory at Stock Voltage
    Graphics Card #2Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti SLI
    MonitorROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 750 PCIe 1.2TB
    Storage #2Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate (360" rad AIO)
    CaseThermalTake v71 Full Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Saitek Eclipse II
    Mouse Razer A5090 Master of Destiny
    OS Windows 10 Professional 64 bit Build 10586

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Reputation
    46
    Posts
    670

    Is the XMP issue with 3101 bsod fixed with 3202?
    Couldn't say, I never experienced it, I ran fine on 3101 with memory on XMP for a while. (My 3000 Mhz overclock was, however, stable as a rock one day and completely unstable the next. which is why I've gone back to XMP).

    In fact, I can confirm that 3202 still has the magic juice that 3101 also had that has been giving me much better memory read speeds in Aida benchmark. On prior versions (2101 and earlier) with same O/C on core (4.4) and cache (4.2) and memory at 2666 Mhz XMP settings, I was getting memory read in the 58k range. Now still over 62k.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bios32024442XMP.PNG 
Views:	428 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	57789
    Last edited by Qwinn; 06-20-2016 at 10:35 PM.

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Lynkdev PC Specs
    Lynkdev PC Specs
    MotherboardRIVE
    Processor5960x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb 2133 F4-2133C15Q-32GRR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA SC TITAN X
    Graphics Card #2EVGA SC TITAN X
    Sound Cardonboard HD
    MonitorAcer Predator 34-inch
    Storage #12x 840 PRO 256gb RAID 0
    Storage #2850 pro 512 ssd
    CPU CoolerUnderwater
    CaseCase Labs TH10
    Power SupplyAX1200i
    Keyboard Razer Chroma
    Mouse Razer Chroma
    Headset Razer Chroma
    OS 10 pro x64

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    140

    Quote Originally Posted by Qwinn View Post
    Couldn't say, I never experienced it, I ran fine on 3101 with memory on XMP for a while. (My 3000 Mhz overclock was, however, stable as a rock one day and completely unstable the next. which is why I've gone back to XMP).

    In fact, I can confirm that 3202 still has the magic juice that 3101 also had that has been giving me much better memory read speeds in Aida benchmark. On prior versions (2101 and earlier) with same O/C on core (4.4) and cache (4.2) and memory at 2666 Mhz XMP settings, I was getting memory read in the 58k range. Now still over 62k.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bios32024442XMP.PNG 
Views:	428 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	57789
    Ok I was wondering because I recently updated bios from 1801 to 3101. I was 4.6 stable at 1.28vcore with just xmp enabled. After trying these same settings with 3101 and realbench, I got bsod at the computations part. I also tried going to 2101 and same issue. I also noticed that for 4.6, auto vcore was set to 1.44 volts lol..

    Im hoping 3202 is the magic number, otherwise Im going back to 1801.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Qwinn PC Specs
    Qwinn PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme - BIOS 3301
    Processor5930K @ 4.4 GHz Adaptive 1.27v / 4.2 Ghz cache Offset +0.27v / Input 1.92v / LLC7
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb DDR4-2666Mhz 15-15-15-35-CR2 1.2v at XMP settings
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti OC to 1455Mhz Core 8000Mhz memory at Stock Voltage
    Graphics Card #2Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti SLI
    MonitorROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 750 PCIe 1.2TB
    Storage #2Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate (360" rad AIO)
    CaseThermalTake v71 Full Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Saitek Eclipse II
    Mouse Razer A5090 Master of Destiny
    OS Windows 10 Professional 64 bit Build 10586

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Reputation
    46
    Posts
    670

    Same here, no problems running Aida stability for an hour so far. Gonna let it run overnight.

    Btw, can someone who is still on 3101 post the firmware version numbers like I did for 3202 above, before they upgrade? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Qwinn; 06-20-2016 at 11:59 PM.

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Qwinn PC Specs
    Qwinn PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme - BIOS 3301
    Processor5930K @ 4.4 GHz Adaptive 1.27v / 4.2 Ghz cache Offset +0.27v / Input 1.92v / LLC7
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb DDR4-2666Mhz 15-15-15-35-CR2 1.2v at XMP settings
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti OC to 1455Mhz Core 8000Mhz memory at Stock Voltage
    Graphics Card #2Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti SLI
    MonitorROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 750 PCIe 1.2TB
    Storage #2Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate (360" rad AIO)
    CaseThermalTake v71 Full Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Saitek Eclipse II
    Mouse Razer A5090 Master of Destiny
    OS Windows 10 Professional 64 bit Build 10586

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Reputation
    46
    Posts
    670

    Wow. I never tried running Aida stability test with 'Stress GPU's" ticked before. Without that, my temps are a lot lower than OCCT and a bit less than Realbench during a run. Maybe 72c max cpu package tops, and max core around 67c. Adding GPU stressing, CPU temps go significantly higher than OCCT. CPU package temp has spiked as high as 86c and hottest core to 80c, which is basically the absolute maximum I'm comfortable with. Only 75 minutes in so far, but still stable on 3202 even at those temps.

    Interestingly, the GPUs themselves aren't running that hot. Max spike on my hotter card is 77c. I get em hotter than that running almost any game in 3d vision.
    Last edited by Qwinn; 06-21-2016 at 02:42 AM.

  9. #9
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array red454 PC Specs
    red454 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme BIOS 3801
    Processor5820K
    Memory (part number)32GB - G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    MonitorDual 23"
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Nepton 280L
    CaseThermaltake Core X9
    Power SupplyDARK POWER PRO 11 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G19S
    Mouse Logitech G600
    OS Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterLinksys EA9500
    Accessory #1 FreeNAS Server with 8TB
    red454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    32
    Posts
    429

    Quote Originally Posted by Qwinn View Post
    Just saw this posted on the ASUS RVE download page.

    Post results here. I'll be trying it soon.

    EDIT: Since it doesn't appear to be up on the USA version of the download page yet, you can find it on the global version here:

    https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RA...Desk_Download/
    Did they take it down? I don't see it in your link...

    *EDIT* Never mind - it shows up now.
    Last edited by red454; 06-21-2016 at 12:01 PM.
    ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 3801 | i7-5820K | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

  10. #10
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array Nonny PC Specs
    Nonny PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extrem BIOS 3101
    Processorintel i7-5960x
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMK32GX4M4A2666C16 (64 GB)
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX Titan Black
    Sound CardCreative ZxR
    MonitorLG Ultrawide 34" + Asus MX279 27"
    Storage #1Corsair SSD Neutron 256 GB
    Storage #2Samsung ST2000DM01
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H105 240mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
    CaseCoolermaster Storm Trooper
    Power SupplyCoolerMaster Silend Pro 850W
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark
    Mouse ROCCAT Nyth modular MMO Mouse
    Headset Razer Tiamant 7.1 Analog
    Mouse Pad ROCCAT Hiro
    Headset/Speakers F&D No.: 6000U
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterTP-Link Archer AC8
    Accessory #1 3D Conexion - 3d Space mouse Eterprice Edition
    Accessory #2 Wacom Intuos 5m Pro Wireless
    Accessory #3 Asus Front Base , OC Panel, Logitech C930e

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    75

    I better waite for my BIOS replacment chip before trying this one , to tell the truth i am after all experience with this board a little nervios with just one chip to test here ...
    I ordered 2 Chips you never know ...

    Good Luck friends

    Nonny

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •