cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find someone to change keyboard of a G752 and install memory?

Delvi
Level 7
I would like to change the keyboard on my G752, switching from Norwegian to Russian keyboard and I want to have installed two 16GB modules of RAM. I am not able to do the work by myself, should I better go to an ASUS center or is it enough to go to a normal computer shop? How much do you think they will charge me for this?
4 REPLIES 4

nemerdekel
Level 7
if you are a handy guy you can do it yourself, but both doing it at home and taking it to a non Asus shop will void your warranty
Laptop: G751JL
Processor: i7-4750HQ
Graphics Card: GTX 965M
Memory: 8 GB Samsung (stock)
Storage #1: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
Storage #2: 1 TB 7200 rpm (stock)

JustinThyme
Level 13
As stated its bout how much you value your warranty. Dont know where you are so people cant estimate how much it may be. PC shops also vary greatly on their abilities.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

MrRuckus
Level 10
Yeah not sure how someone would go about it. The keys can be taken off, but its not the easiest thing to do. I dropped an object on my G74Sx keyboard and had to replace a key (did it myself). There are places that specialize in replacement keys, but one key with the required clips/hardware was like $14.95. To get all the keys? I dunno. To me it almost sounds easier to find a Russian keyboard replacement, which would be the whole top assembly?

It doesn't sound like an easy task that's for sure. Good luck.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

JustinThyme
Level 13
Any luck yet?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein