New ROGer Array

M.2 on Asus Maximus VII gene

hi i recently purchase a Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2, and when i inserted it to my Asus Maximus 7 gene it wont detect and i tried to update my bios and also change some settings on my bios. what i want to know now is that the M.2 that i purchase is it compatible to my motherboard or not? and also is there any list where i can find any compatible M.2 on my motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Haron09 View Post
    hi i recently purchase a Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2, and when i inserted it to my Asus Maximus 7 gene it wont detect and i tried to update my bios and also change some settings on my bios. what i want to know now is that the M.2 that i purchase is it compatible to my motherboard or not? and also is there any list where i can find any compatible M.2 on my motherboard
    Hi! ideally it should be compatible:

1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M Key, type 2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE mode)

Check out the full spec here.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ROG.PH View Post
    Hi! ideally it should be compatible:

1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M Key, type 2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE mode)

Check out the full spec here.
    hi thanks for the reply but this M.2 that i bought it doesnt show or cant be detected on my motherboard, i tried many settings on bios, read many suggestion and still no luck, i dont know if the M.2 that i purchase is not working or may be theres something to be fix or update on my motherboard