cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G501VW boots into BIOS autimatically...any help ToT

BigFurseal
Level 7
Hi there, I just got my new G501VW a few days ago, it was really a fantastic notebook and I do enjoy playing with it.

However, there was still a small issue:

I replaced the original 5400rpm hdd with the ssd I've already had; and added another 16G ram on it; then I reinstall windows 10.

Everything was working well as I predicted, until two days ago the boot-into-bios issue occured.

Three days ago (one day before the problem) I shut down my computer and unplug the power cable, and in the morning of the second day when I boot it, the computer ran into bios setup screen automatically.

I rebooted it and everything was back in normal, windows was loaded successfully.

And the same problem happened again in the next morning and this morning; it seemed to happen after a long shutdown (for example 10 hours), rather than a short one (I tried to boot it after a 1-hour shutdown, and the issue didn't happen)

I checked some webpages for help, and here are some explainations:

button battery on motherboard was used up (however mine was just manufactured a few months ago, it shouldn't be like that)

Delete or Del key problem (I tested these keys but to find no problems)

In the bios setup, disable fast boot and secure boot, enable csm (I tried this one yesterday night, but the issue happened in this morning)

well, according to my research, this is a general issue of asus motherboard but everyone was just mentioning the above points

My machine was running great even with this small issue, and I know this one doesn't hurt..however, it's annoying anyway..

So does anyoen have any experience on this issue? Any advice will be truly appreciated 🙂
2 REPLIES 2

Gps3dx
Level 12
A. in the bios, check for the boot priority.... make sure your OS-drive is at hte highest priority.
Also, try to toggle the "CSM" option under "boot" tab within the bios -> save and reboot.
( you must know how you've installed windows... was it on GPT formatted drive or MBR ????? GPT = CSM off, MBR = CSM ON ).
B. after you've power-on the laptop, try to press multiple times on the ESC key, to get the "boot-selection" menu.... then pick your OS-drive to see if you can boot at all into windows.
C. if you can boot into windows 10 - know that windows-updates can f**k somethings in the BCD boot file of win10.
reflashing same-version of your bios seems to solve the issue ( at least for the G751 serie this solves the problem of auto-reboot after wake-from-sleep ).
D. if you cannot boot into windows -> insert the windows 10 installation disk/usb, boot it, and perform "fix boot" procedure of MS at first, if that doesn't go well, within that installtion environment -> open CMD, and use the "bootrec.exe" tool to fix whatever is wrong ( google it... you'll get 1M of guides for that ).
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Gps3dx wrote:
A. in the bios, check for the boot priority.... make sure your OS-drive is at hte highest priority.
Also, try to toggle the "CSM" option under "boot" tab within the bios -> save and reboot.
( you must know how you've installed windows... was it on GPT formatted drive or MBR ????? GPT = CSM off, MBR = CSM ON ).
B. after you've power-on the laptop, try to press multiple times on the ESC key, to get the "boot-selection" menu.... then pick your OS-drive to see if you can boot at all into windows.
C. if you can boot into windows 10 - know that windows-updates can f**k somethings in the BCD boot file of win10.
reflashing same-version of your bios seems to solve the issue ( at least for the G751 serie this solves the problem of auto-reboot after wake-from-sleep ).
D. if you cannot boot into windows -> insert the windows 10 installation disk/usb, boot it, and perform "fix boot" procedure of MS at first, if that doesn't go well, within that installtion environment -> open CMD, and use the "bootrec.exe" tool to fix whatever is wrong ( google it... you'll get 1M of guides for that ).

Thank you for the advice. I think I've followed those.

Yesterday I reinstalled the driver for intel chipset and this morning the issue didn't appear any more. Well, we will see if it's been solved permenantly.

🙂