cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Hero VIII crashing/resetting

Naybour
Level 7
Hi all

Having issues with my new PC build. It keeps powering off/resetting. Doesn't seem to matter what is happening at the time, sometimes it's during startup, sometimes it's after it's been working for 10-15 minutes.

I've tried everything I can think of, only using 1 stick of ram in all the slots, another power supply, removing all external connectors etc. resetting bios, updating to latest bios

I've made a video to show what's happening

https://youtu.be/hr2TE-C7KfY

Here are the specs (everything is brand new)

Intel Core i7 6700K
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard
Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX4M4A2400C14 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4
Corsair HX1000i 80 Plus Platinum 1000W Power Supply
Samsung 850 EVO M.2 500GB SSD
Antec Kuhler H2O H600 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler
5 REPLIES 5

dannyboy292
Level 7
I had a similar issue a few weeks back , I swapped out my PSU , memory , video card ect and it didn't help, It ended up being the CPU , Intel sent me a new one and the problem disappeared instantly.

Chino
Level 15
Make sure you're using the latest BIOS for your motherboard. Then clear CMOS and test your system at stock defaults. Report back your results.

Chino wrote:
Make sure you're using the latest BIOS for your motherboard. Then clear CMOS and test your system at stock defaults. Report back your results.

I forgot to mention, I updated to the latest BIOS version and no luck

Nate152
Hi Naybour

Have you reset to defaults?

In the bios hit F5 to reset to defaults then F10 and Enter to save and exit, run it like this for a while and see if you still get the shutdowns.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Naybour

Have you reset to defaults?

In the bios hit F5 to reset to defaults then F10 and Enter to save and exit, run it like this for a while and see if you still get the shutdowns.

Yep reset defaults but no luck.

I'm thinking its CPU. Can sit in the bios forever with no issue. Done a mem test and every combination possible with 4 sticks of ram.