Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by toronto699 View Post
    here is the last version 2.8.3.0
    AsusGPUFan Service I believe is what its called
    http://support.asus.com.cn/Download....cards&p=9&s=13
    I have found in later and newer versions of tweak , sometimes the installs are missing an install file or some value. just a thought .

No, doesn't work.

I simply cannot move the red dots from their position in the above image.

I have Dot Net 4.6.1. installed. Could it be because I need to install Dot Net 4.0?

If not, how can I get ASUS to look at this problem. No one is smart enough to solve it.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Gold333 View Post
    No, doesn't work.

I simply cannot move the red dots from their position in the above image.

I have Dot Net 4.6.1. installed. Could it be because I need to install Dot Net 4.0?

If not, how can I get ASUS to look at this problem. No one is smart enough to solve it.
    I've had the same issue for YEARS now (I still have the same old GPU since 2011), yet I sincerely hope you changed your GPU since 2016.
    SOOO. I finally found a way to move the red dots ahah.

I've been trying pretty much all versions of the software for years and the User Define graph would ALWAYS show empty. No dots. And no way to create any. Looked like a corrupted driver or something, I had no idea, I could not do anything in that screen. So I would keep installing and uninstalling new and old versions of the software and looking for a fix. Nothing. Now, I really wanted to solve this once and for all. I've downloaded MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagca b and uninstalled GPU Tweak II for good. Now it's off for a clean start. I downloaded the latest version (v2.1.8.1) of the software (and I know, you prefer the classic GPU Tweak, but I suggest you try and see if once the issue is solved it moves onto the OG version. Or if it works on your version of GPU Tweak at all).

And the User Define graph was empty. As it ever was. I had no dots, but then I stressed the bottom left corner of the graph and, finally, a dot appeared. If I clicked on "default" or "exit" the situation would revert back to "no dots". So I clicked "save". And I finally had a red dot (which I could not move). I kept stressing the bottom left corner of the graph until I'd see some kind of number over the dot, meaning it had actually created a new dot. "Save". Now I have two points, the second one was auto-generated and put somewhere on the Y axis yet I could not move them nor create any dots on that trajectory (same situation as you and the dots were pretty much in the same spots). Kept stressing the dots. Saved and then it generated another dot and now I had three and I could move them around. FINALLY.

Moral of the story: just keep stressing / clicking with your mouse in the bottom left corner or the vicinity of the dots and click save until it automatically generates the dots. That was easier and more stupid than I would ever think. I had never thought of "saving" the configuration, considering I could not create anything actually useful in one go. But if you try and save, try and save, try and save, it eventually gets you there.

Now. I remember that I had another issue with this software: it would not remember my fan curve between a shutdown and a restart. Let's hope at least this one got fixed.. Otherwise I'll end up uninstalling this piece of junk and never think about it ever again.

EDIT: and.. yeah.. They never got that one fixed. It will revert back to a single dot in the bottom left corner everytime I restart my computer. DAMN. I can now create curves, but they won't stick. This software is junk.

Why won't I use Afterburner? Because in the past only this software could ACTUALLY create fan curves for my specific GPU. Don't know if anything has changed in the meantime and I sure as hell don't wanna go through it again. I'm out. Next card won't be ASUS, that's for sure.

EDIT 2: I created a new profile, called User1 Mode (did not rename it) and set fan curves and ticked the "apply settings each time GPU Tweak starts" and it looks like they're sticking now. The important part might be to APPLY and SAVE each and every time you modify something. It looks to me that whenever you modify something without applying it reverts back to DEFAULT settings instead of reverting back to last saved config. That seems to work. Happy now. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Mowhree; 07-07-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2