ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

EK Blood Red Now Jimmy Purple?

Or is it prince?

No sediment and these systems were last filled at roughly the same time. They were blood-red but after putting some heat into them, now they they are what you see here. I only really care if it is indicative of a problem with the metals in the system. I've read others having issues with things turning green or tygon tubing doing strange things, but red to purple seems odd.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 6950.gif  

5960.gif  

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Hi cekim

When was the last time you changed your coolant? Normally it's recommended to change it once a year. I use koolance coolant and it says to change it if you notice any discoloration.

Is your pc working ok, I see it's showing code 00.

I only use Mayhems Concentrate. It's expensive but it also doesn't have these problems. You also may want to switch to hard tubing. You won't have to worry about plasticizer.
    Rampage VI Extreme bios 1503
    Core i9 7980XE @ 4.4ghz all cores
    64 gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600
    2x RTX 2080 Ti FE NvLink/SLI
    2x Samsung 970 Pro 1tb NVME
    Corsair AX1600i
    Corsair 1000D case
    1x Dell U3818DW 38" Curved Ultrawide and 2x Dell S2716DG 27" 1ms GSYNC 2560x1440 144 hz
    Win 10 Pro x64

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

I use this mayhems plasticizer free tubing.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/mayhe...mm-tubing.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nate152 View Post
    Hi cekim

When was the last time you changed your coolant? Normally it's recommended to change it once a year. I use koolance coolant and it says to change it if you notice any discoloration.

Is your pc working ok, I see it's showing code 00.
    Chuckle, working fine, that is a "feature" of linux as far as I can tell. Every Asus system I have does that (code 00 on clean boot into linux kernel). If I boot into windows (I try to avoid that whenever possible), it doesn't do that. Both systems are working great and temps are great.

Fluid is ~2 months old (EK concentrate + distilled water). Tubing is Primo-chill stuff from EK's site.

I haven't gone hard line because, so far, I've been changing things around too often.
    Last edited by cekim; 06-26-2016 at 05:22 AM.

FWIW, I believe the 00 code is linux seeing the Xeon chip features, poking at ECC and finding it disabled. That's when it happens. It prints a statement about it saying that there is no handler and ECC has been disabled. Not an error about memory corruption, but see prior, a statement that represents the reality of the X99 chipset - ECC has been gimped, but it does so in a way that makes the BIOS think something has gone wrong.

As previously, I see this on all my systems running CentOS6,6.5 and now 7, even at stock clocks. It has never caused any problems.

Been a while - finally got almost all the staining out and finished phase I of the new build (more to come on tubing and wiring, but its a never ending project).

EK, you need to stop selling that blood-red stuff...

Even if the color did not change, the effort required to remove the stain is ludicrous with this RVE and similar full-system blocks. I was a noob to modern water cooling and I assumed EK (who generally sells good stuff) would not push fluid that would, for all intents and purposes, damage their own product. Guess I was wrong. Distilled water and "clear" fluids for me from now on - lesson re-learned.

The yuck. The restored to former glory. The ~finished project - until hard-line and some wiring and Skylake X and 2080s and so on and so forth... ;-)
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos dirty_block.png  

restored_block.png  

air740_6950x_main.png  

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zarathustraa PC Specs
    Zarathustraa PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    Processori7 5930k
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15Q-32GRK
    Graphics Card #1Dragon 660ti 2GD5
    Monitor3 x VG27AH
    Storage #1850 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2850 Pro 256GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua Nh-D15
    CaseCorsair 780T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Kinesis Advantage
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 8.1, and Linux Mint
    Accessory #1 Aquaero 6xt

From what I've read it has something to do with temps. I believe that happened to Jay from Jay's two cents, with Mayhems' coolant. (EK coolant last I heard is rebranded Mayhems) It's probably the heat of your graphics cards causing the color change. Just use a different color till mayhems figures out what needs a change in their formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustraa View Post
    From what I've read it has something to do with temps. I believe that happened to Jay from Jay's two cents, with Mayhems' coolant. (EK coolant last I heard is rebranded Mayhems) It's probably the heat of your graphics cards causing the color change. Just use a different color till mayhems figures out what needs a change in their formula.
    Wouldn't surprise me... though, as I mentioned, even if it stayed red its clearly leaving a nasty film on things that bleeds out of the main channels and on to surfaces with no flow. So, even after repeated flushing, the system had a purple tinge to it.

I've seen Jayz saga as well and frankly assumed that was more a pastel issue, but your theory and my experience seem to bear out here.

I could replace the tubes and wipe-down the reservoir, but the only way to get it off the block was a complete tear down. The smooth surfaces of the channels cleaned relatively easy, but the lesser machined surfaces proved to require buffing compound (effectively high-grit sand-paper) to clean up without removing the plating. Not what I'd call a "user serviceable" operation.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zarathustraa PC Specs
    Zarathustraa PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme
    Processori7 5930k
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15Q-32GRK
    Graphics Card #1Dragon 660ti 2GD5
    Monitor3 x VG27AH
    Storage #1850 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2850 Pro 256GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua Nh-D15
    CaseCorsair 780T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Kinesis Advantage
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 8.1, and Linux Mint
    Accessory #1 Aquaero 6xt

I don't have any staining on my tubes. But, when I take my pastel out I need to do multiple flushes of the loop, and even running their cleaning solution doesn't get everything out. If I wanted to get all of the residue out, I need to take every fitting off and clean off this white dust from the fluid.