cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heating question concerning G750jx

ZiggZagg
Level 7
[h=1]I purchased this laptop in Nov. of 2013 and I am very happy with it in all respects.

ASUS ROG G750JX RB71 - Core i7 4700HQ / 2.4 GHz - Windows 8 64-bit - 12 GB RAM - 750 GB HDD - DVD SuperMulti - 17.3" 1920 x 1080 ( Full HD ) - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M - 802.11ac - with 32 GB [h=1] I do however, have a question about heat.

I already know that different games are going to create varied levels of heat in the CPU/GPU depending (I've been told) on how they were written... to try and put it simply and the resources they require from a particular machine.

The game I am presently involved in is called ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS/ENGINEERS UPGRADE. This is a massive online game which I'm certain some of you heard of if not play. I've been playing for over a year and about 900 hours of play

After hours of play my laptop temps (checking during game) are CPU 66*c and GPU 80*c to 83*c.

I have not had any problems with this machine what so ever no matter what I was playing or working at 😄

My question: are these temps unheard of or unusual for this particular game?

I'm not really worried not having had problems but I'm curious for info reasons... say like could these temps eventually dry up or render nil cooling pastes and the like?

Any input is very much appreciated.

ZiggZagg (aka CMDR BIZZNAWICH in game):cool:

G750jx-RB71
2 REPLIES 2

MrRuckus
Level 10
Those temps are right in line. I don't think you have anything to worry about. You could run GPUZ with logs enabled and see if you were throttling. But if you were, you would most likely notice a degrade in performance. Those temps seem normal though.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

Thanks MrR....

Nope no throttling or any other problems.

I have 2 programs setup and running to monitor CPU/GPU temps and speeds if they vary while I'm playing.

I was just curious... thinking back when my machine and similar came out in late 2013 everyone was talking about cooling methods and the like anticipating advanced generation games coming down the line like Elite Dangerous; but my ROG G750jx is handleing it/them very nicely.;)

Thanks again for the input MrRuckus

ZiggZagg

PS...Why did you retire the G750JH? Just curious.
G750jx-RB71