cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Fan profile

Casterina
Level 7
I'm trying to create a fan profile for CHA2 fan which my case fans are connected to but is there a way to add more dots/circle on the graph as I would like to adjust the fan speed for each step of temps for example, 40C is 50%, 50C is 60% and so on?

11 REPLIES 11

Nate152
Hi Casterina

I know you can add more dots to a gpu fan profile in precision x and afterburner, to add more dots it's just a matter of clicking on the red line, if no dots appear then you must not be able to add any more.

Minsekt
Level 7
sadly you cant add more than 3- manual qfan settings also allow only 3 steps. but i believe speedfan (the program) can add more than 3 steps if youre down to use it... its free.
like here on their sites screenshot :

I'm using the Akasa Apache PWM fans (600-1300RPM) but Q-Fan doesn't let me go below 20% speed which at 20% it runs at around 900RPM.

Casterina
Level 7
I have switched from PWM to DC mode in the BIOS and the fans now idle at around 280RPM, does that mean there is something wrong with the PWM fan headers on the motherboard or the fans itself?

Also to make the fans idle at around 400RPM, do I change it on the graph or in CPU Fan Speed Lower Limit?

Minsekt
Level 7
you should be using pwm mode.
cpu fan speed lower limit is only for F1 Error Prompt. meaning if your fan is running lower than 200rpm there will be an F1 error on boot. (in case the fan is broken etc)
cpu fan step up is the time the fan requires to speed up from lets say 20% to 50% speed. thats just because some programs can cause temp spikes and fan noise can be annoying.
cpu fan step down is just the same.

on cpu fan profile select manual and enter your speed. 20% is the lowest you can select. however ive found that it requires a few reboots sometimes to apply correctly. (on my M8F it works perfectly fine, on my R5E it requries some reboots for example)

Minsekt wrote:
cpu fan speed lower limit is only for F1 Error Prompt. meaning if your fan is running lower than 200rpm there will be an F1 error on boot. (in case the fan is broken etc)
cpu fan step up is the time the fan requires to speed up from lets say 20% to 50% speed. thats just because some programs can cause temp spikes and fan noise can be annoying.

on cpu fan profile select manual and enter your speed. 20% is the lowest you can select. however ive found that it requires a few reboots sometimes to apply correctly. (on my M8F it works perfectly fine, on my R5E it requries some reboots for example)

By few reboots, you mean to boot into Windows or BIOS?

Minsekt wrote:

I have tried PWM mode and rebooted few times but fans still runs at around 900RPM during idle and that is 20% fan speed according to the graph.

DC mode works and my fans idle at around 280RPM however is there any disadvantages/problems using DC mode instead of PWM?

Casterina wrote:
I have tried PWM mode and rebooted few times but fans still runs at around 900RPM during idle and that is 20% fan speed according to the graph.

DC mode works and my fans idle at around 280RPM however is there any disadvantages/problems using DC mode instead of PWM?

Anyone?

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Akasa states the minimum speed for these fans is 600RPM. For lower speed using PWM switch to a different fan that has the specifications meeting your expectations.