cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Strix Tactic Pro Gaming Keyboard FN key not working

edmond2016
Level 7
Hi guys! Can someone help me please. I bought this keyboard from a friend and it was not used until I acquire it. It just happen that after i install the driver the
LED started to flash. Since I dont want that flashing while i using the keyboard I search to google how can i steady the LEDs, then i just founf out that I just need
to adjust the LED brightness by using FN + Num 8 or Num 2 but, the FN key seems to not work. Then I google again but takes me to update the keyboard firmware,
then after doing so, still FN Key does not work. Could somebody help me with this? Thank you in advance.
9 REPLIES 9

edmond2016
Level 7
Problem solved! Thanks to Mr. Tolitz. After updating the firmware and the driver, locate the devcon_64 file in the firmware update folder then execute it, thats if you are using 64 bit and thats it FN key and all other keys are working now.

edmond2016 wrote:
Problem solved! Thanks to Mr. Tolitz. After updating the firmware and the driver, locate the devcon_64 file in the firmware update folder then execute it, thats if you are using 64 bit and thats it FN key and all other keys are working now.

Hello my friend, l have still this issue but coulnt solve yet..l tried 32 bit and 64 windows 10 or 7 l thing l have big problem..:(
Anyone can help me pls ..!

i'm facing with this problem too. have no idea to solve it . I already updated every firmware on the website but useless

I just acquired this keyboard today as my very first mechanical keyboard and also have this issue. Initially I thought the Fn key was broken and was preparing to return it to the store as defective, however after some experimentation I realized it was caused by the "Macro Cover".

Included in my box was a "Strix Tactical Pro Macro Cover" which I promptly followed the instructions to install since I have no plans to use the left side macro keys.

I did exactly what the pamphlet said to do:

• Removed the key caps
  • Put the Macro Cover with the keyboard off
  • Updated the firmware to the latest which was 1.08.08 V43 released in 2016-09-26
  • installed the latest software
  • Toggle Macro Cover in the software
  • Went further and toggled every macro key under the cover to Disabled
  • Saved

Thing is, with the "Macro Cover" applied, the Fn is rendered non functional, so controlling the backlight, changing profiles, activating NKRO, etc do not work if the cover is applied. This has been the first of two problems I've found in a few hours use, the second being the blacklight blinking when setting the computer to suspend. Not exactly a great first experience with an expensive mechanical keyboard.

Also as a side note the windows software is marked as a FW update 1.09 when it's has no firmware on it, the actual firmware updates start at version 1.09 from 2015-09-18 but the latest is 1.08 from 2016-09-26... Are you trying to confuse people? Because congratulations, I am confused...

Guys i have this keyboard like you but mine has a macro cover. So in day 2 of the search for the solution i found out that the macro cover option on the software is bugged. The macro cover option of the software should disable M1 to M10 macro buttons but it doesn't. I've tried to disabled the buttons one by one in the software but it doesn't work as well. The fn button doesn't work only when i have the macro cover totally plug in on the keyboard. When i just land the macro cover the fn button works fine.
Thus, i think the only problem is the software program that doen't work like it should. Only with a mass update of the software this "bug" can be repaired.

Thanks for attention

dafzor wrote:
I just acquired this keyboard today as my very first mechanical keyboard and also have this issue. Initially I thought the Fn key was broken and was preparing to return it to the store as defective, however after some experimentation I realized it was caused by the "Macro Cover".

Included in my box was a "Strix Tactical Pro Macro Cover" which I promptly followed the instructions to install since I have no plans to use the left side macro keys.

I did exactly what the pamphlet said to do:

• Removed the key caps
  • Put the Macro Cover with the keyboard off
  • Updated the firmware to the latest which was 1.08.08 V43 released in 2016-09-26
  • installed the latest software
  • Toggle Macro Cover in the software
  • Went further and toggled every macro key under the cover to Disabled
  • Saved

Thing is, with the "Macro Cover" applied, the Fn is rendered non functional, so controlling the backlight, changing profiles, activating NKRO, etc do not work if the cover is applied. This has been the first of two problems I've found in a few hours use, the second being the blacklight blinking when setting the computer to suspend. Not exactly a great first experience with an expensive mechanical keyboard.

Also as a side note the windows software is marked as a FW update 1.09 when it's has no firmware on it, the actual firmware updates start at version 1.09 from 2015-09-18 but the latest is 1.08 from 2016-09-26... Are you trying to confuse people? Because congratulations, I am confused...

dafzor i only saw your post now xD We've reach the same stuff.

Asus need to improve the software and repair this annoying bugs. Because this keyboard is excelent but the software is very poor.

pedrofssf94 wrote:
dafzor i only saw your post now xD We've reach the same stuff.

Asus need to improve the software and repair this annoying bugs. Because this keyboard is excellent but the software is very poor.

I've also come to the conclusion that having any key pressed while trying to use the Fn key makes it not work, so since the cover keeps all macro keys constantly pressed it renders it non functional. I hope that eventually they'll issue a fix for the cover but i'm certainly not holding my breath, until then it can only work as a barebone mechanical keyboard.

I happen to check the product page today and there has been a new firmware release, Version 1.08.10V45 on 2017/07/19.
After applying this update the Fn key works as expected with the cover on. I pretty much had zero expectation of Asus ever fixing the issue so it was a happy surprise to see that they actually did.

dafzor wrote:
I happen to check the product page today and there has been a new firmware release, Version 1.08.10V45 on 2017/07/19.
After applying this update the Fn key works as expected with the cover on. I pretty much had zero expectation of Asus ever fixing the issue so it was a happy surprise to see that they actually did.

When i configure macro on the keyboard when i reboot the computer when i try to use the macro its not working. Fix for this exists?