Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    Not sure. Itania tried to run a 1080ti on the 230w brick and killed it.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ith-GTX-1080ti
    What you're talking about should be lower draw but I'm not sure if anyone has done it.
    yeah looks risky with the stock power bricks. I’ll do the external power supply. EVGA 650W is on sale for $65 so I’ll do that. I have a 1000w but that’s a bit much lol and for the other PC build. I’ll keep the thread updated with pics and progress. I’ll mount the rad on top opposite the cpu rad.*

Edit: I’m going to fabricate a base/stand for the g20 and the power supply along with the GPUs rad and wires will be in the stand basement. This is gonna be fun, and it will be enough power to run any gfx card I want, even a Vega 64.*

Stay tuned for more, I’ll eventually put up a build log and review on my YouTube channel. I need to do a review of the pixio px347c ultrawide 1440p too, along with switches and routers I have.

Edit 2: Looking at doing a custom water loop now for the cpu and gfx card. I have all the spare parts to do it and a spare 240 rad that should be ok. This is gonna be fun. Ended up getting a EVGA 750 G2 power supply on sale *
    Last edited by six4bravo; 12-03-2017 at 11:38 PM.

I have a bunch of xspc parts spare so I thought I’ll put them with the g20. There’s a D5 bayres, Ray storm water block, and a ex240 rad with all compression gun metal grey fittings. I was going to resell these bc I have raystorm pro water blocks and another 240 and 360 rad along with an ek tube reservoir and D5 combo for my other future big build in my phanteks enthoo evolv tempered glass that’s collecting dust while I get parts here and there.

Currently figuring how I’m going to fit this all in a base stand with a power supply on the backside too all hidden.*
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 931214D7-618D-4BA2-8624-22311E6290B2.jpg  

Let me know if you guys think I should do a top 240 rad or integrate it somehow(a lot harder) into the basement/stand.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by six4bravo View Post
    Let me know if you guys think I should do a top 240 rad or integrate it somehow(a lot harder) into the basement/stand.
    Unless you're going for a certain aesthetic I'd go with whatever is easiest to route the tubing.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

Easiest I think would either be a top mounted 240 rad for the entire loop, or keep the h60 AIO for the cpu where it’s at and just do a custom loop with the 240 rad somewhere for the gpu.**So far I have a fan controller to put somewhere, a xspc D5 bayres, evga 650 b3 power supply, and a 240 (45mm) rad.*

Edit: My EVGA 650 b3 was DOA, returning for a Seasonic.

Decided to go with a 360 rad to make sure gpu and cpu are sufficiently cooled. Probably an xspc rx360 top mounted most likely.*
    Last edited by six4bravo; 12-08-2017 at 06:57 AM.

Got a Seasonic focus plus gold 650w and using an ex360 rad.*

Bought an acer predator x34 uwqhd monitor.

Currently trying to find a gtx 1080 ti founders edition in stock somewhere that’s not price gouging. I’ll have fun with it now then add the Waterblock myself in a month or so. Nvidia store is out of stock but had the best price, just gotta keep my eye on the page.*

Edit:

Got a 1080 ti on the nvidia store for $699 plus tax. *I’m excited �� *
    Last edited by six4bravo; 01-04-2018 at 01:03 AM.

Still waiting on nvidia store to ship my 1080ti. But the acer predator x34 came in and...... OMG is it amazing...😳😁

Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 35AED7D3-6EE3-41BE-820F-DA5C5DE7BAA3.jpg  

Well everyone... I have decided to scrap the plan of a adding water cooled gpu and custom loop to the G20CB. I’m looking at my gorgeous Phanteks enthoo evolv atx tempered glass case brand new collecting dust waiting for a build. I decided to do that with a custom loop and the 1080ti with an i7 8700k instead. I’ll keep the G20 for what it is. A great 1080p and 1440p gaming machine. But overall I need a workstation for gaming and rendering videos too.

We can keep the thread going and I’ll check it now and then if anyone has questions, I’ll try to help. Thx for the interest and support.*

Also.... nvidia still has not shipped my 1080ti, still processing, it’s been like almost 3 weeks.*
    Last edited by six4bravo; 01-04-2018 at 01:02 AM.

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

It's a shame we didn't see the final product. Perhaps one day we will see the project continue in the shape of an HTPC or compact scratch mod?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    It's a shame we didn't see the final product. Perhaps one day we will see the project continue in the shape of an HTPC or compact scratch mod?
    Who knows, I have a ton a spare water cooling parts, maybe it will continue someday, but I need to get a good workstation pc going for content creation. I do plan on making a YouTube series about the g20 and the mods that were performed.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast