Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by six4bravo View Post
    Update:

Still working fantastic, idling at 19C, gaming load 48C. RAM slots max temp around 58C with the chipset fan added.

With the gpu feeder fan, gpu idle is 29C, max 72C with an overclock of +150 core and +400 memory

Thinking about holding off on the gtx 10 series since I'm getting around 120fps in bf4 right now. But definitely going water cooled gpu.
    Would like to see how it performs with water cooled gpu good luck with that

Well I did something today.

I bought a new case for a new build. I got that itch again lol. I wanna do a custom and themed build with the corsair vengeance C70 case i got. Might just get a replacement side panel and go back to stock with the G20 and sell it but, its been quite a performer. I just have that WANT to upgrade more and completely customize everything from the ground up, and especially overclock the cpu which i can't do right now. But I can't wait to slowly get parts together for this next build.

Attached is a build someone did on the same case i just bought.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 800x600px-LL-b394f1ff_Picture83.jpg  

marshland-project-mod4.jpg  

MOD3.jpg  

New ROGer Array

interesting

Hello six4bravo,

I'm very interested in the mod. Could you show more details how to do the plugs please? You said you had to cut and solder them to fit in.

Thanks a lot!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Just saw this online. G20 water cooled gpu and cpu. How brave of this guy to sacrifice his side panel for this build! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ipqHEezjBU

Quote Originally Posted by g20user View Post
    Hello six4bravo,

I'm very interested in the mod. Could you show more details how to do the plugs please? You said you had to cut and solder them to fit in.

Thanks a lot!
    Hi there, its pretty simple:

On your stock fans, red is 12V+, black is neg, yellow is tachometer signal, and blue is PWM for fan control. You need to cut the stock fan wires a few inches from the ends leaving room for soldering and re-soldering in case you'd ever want to go back to stock. Look up 3 pin or 4 pin fan header wiring on google to see which wires on your particular fans are 12+, ground, tachometer and PWM control if using 4 pin fans. Once you have all the wiring identified, just solder each wire one at a time, and buy some heat shrink wrap and/or cable braid to make it look even nicer. Then you should be able to use the fans with your stock BIOS, I can confirm that 4 pin PWM fans work fine.

Making some progress little by little of the big build on my new Corsair C70 Vengeance. i7 6700k, 32GB DDR4 3000, Asus maximus hero viii formula MB, EVGA supernova 1000W G2, samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, GTX 1080 or 1070 with EK waterblock or a 980 ti or two in SLI with waterblocks, haven't decided yet, all XSPC water custom loop with white tubing and compression fittings and two 240mm radiators, NZXT sentry 3 fan controller, NZXT Hue+ lighting, 3 thermaltake riing 12 fans, and 8 corsair sp120 fans.

These pics are just test fitting parts and playing with lighting, so the cable management is messy only for testing purposes, so i apologize.

Heres some just playing with lighting and with my XSPC D5 bayres installed with the NZXT touch screen fan controller.

Will be going for Black, White and Red although blue looks really cool too.

3rd pic is the G20 with my new corsair strafe RGB keyboard with Cherry MX Silent keys, LOVE THAT KEYBOARD........
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos IMG_3592.jpg  

IMG_3609.jpg  

IMG_3602.jpg  

IMG_3620.jpg  

IMG_3591.jpg  

IMG_3622.jpg  

Last edited by six4bravo; 09-16-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Update:

Changed the fans to some thermaltake rgb riing 12 fans i had laying around. Now i get the advantage of not only changing the color to whatever i want but independent speed control as well.

Stays cool running Battlefield 1 on ultra 1080P 144Hz, stock GTX970 overclocked to 1440Mhz on the core, 8Ghz on the memory and stable at 72 deg C.

Side note: I gave up on the wifi, it started getting very unstable even with the good drivers dropping speed every few seconds, made playing online impossible. I ran 50 feet of Cat6 ethernet cable and my issues are gone. My guess is the cheap wifi card is going out after 1 year, but luckily we do have a very good intel network card in our G20.

For anyone wondering:

Keyboard is a Corsair Strafe RGB with cherry MX silent reds

Mouse is a Logitech G502

Love them both to death.

This should hold me over while i piece together my other gaming build with custom water loops.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos IMG_3710.jpg  

Last edited by six4bravo; 10-17-2016 at 01:41 AM.

New ROGer Array

what if instead of the side panel fans if i were to make a stand with fans in it blowing up into case kinda like the fan stands you buy for consoles like the ps4 would that provide enough cooling for chipset and memory?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by six4bravo View Post
    Hi there, its pretty simple:

On your stock fans, red is 12V+, black is neg, yellow is tachometer signal, and blue is PWM for fan control. You need to cut the stock fan wires a few inches from the ends leaving room for soldering and re-soldering in case you'd ever want to go back to stock. Look up 3 pin or 4 pin fan header wiring on google to see which wires on your particular fans are 12+, ground, tachometer and PWM control if using 4 pin fans. Once you have all the wiring identified, just solder each wire one at a time, and buy some heat shrink wrap and/or cable braid to make it look even nicer. Then you should be able to use the fans with your stock BIOS, I can confirm that 4 pin PWM fans work fine.
    Thank you so much!!

New ROGer Array

This thread is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you for all of the explanations about your cooling mods for this. I recently got my hands on a G20CB (w/ stock GTX 1080) and the PC is awesome, but the 1080 gets throttled by hitting its max temp around 83-85c on full load. I'm trying to decide whether a couple side fans would help cool the card and case or if I should just go for a GPU water-cooled mod. I think opening the side and using an external fan could help emulate side fans and I can at least get an idea of how temps will change with an air-only system.

Anyway, I know this thread has been sleeping for about 6 months or so but I'm about to jump in and try my luck at making this system run at its full protential with proper cooling.

I'll be sure to report back with what I'm able to do. Especially if I successfully get some watercooling on the 1080 in there.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast