cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 1080/1070 Temps on your G20

Gengaku
Level 9
To anyone playing any extensive games with their G20 running the these card. Can you post your temp results? Screenshot of the game and temp is appreciated.
Would like to know if there's a huge different with airflow with 1080/1070 on a G20. Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

WarpGuN
Level 7
1080 user here.
In intense games like Witcher3 & assassin's creed syndicate 1440p i get around 80 degree (with evga precision x & custom fan control on aggressive)
im thinking about getting a laptop cooling pad just to try out if it helps. (to my understanding the Asus G20 blows the air for underneath)
something like this

WarpGuN wrote:
1080 user here.
In intense games like Witcher3 & assassin's creed syndicate 1440p i get around 80 degree (with evga precision x & custom fan control on aggressive)
im thinking about getting a laptop cooling pad just to try out if it helps. (to my understanding the Asus G20 blows the air for underneath)
something like this

Would like to hear if there's a difference with the laptop cooling pad. Thanks for commenting.

Gengaku wrote:
Would like to hear if there's a difference with the laptop cooling pad. Thanks for commenting.

It didn't help so i returned the laptop cooler to the store. 😞

Yeah i tried some coolerguys 80mm dual fans with them blowing up into the case. Didn't help at all. Now working on a simple water cooling solution for my G20CB, hopefully will have enough room for a water cooled gtx 1070 later too. The air channels in the case are so darn tiny. On my mildly overclocked gtx 970, I'm at 75*C and averaging 100fps in BF4.

WarpGuN wrote:
It didn't help so i returned the laptop cooler to the store. 😞

Thanks again for letting us know that it doesn't help.

six4bravo wrote:
Yeah i tried some coolerguys 80mm dual fans with them blowing up into the case. Didn't help at all. Now working on a simple water cooling solution for my G20CB, hopefully will have enough room for a water cooled gtx 1070 later too. The air channels in the case are so darn tiny. On my mildly overclocked gtx 970, I'm at 75*C and averaging 100fps in BF4.

Thanks for the feed back. Btw just saw your thread! https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?86020-G20CB-Water-cooling-project.
Can't wait to see the final result of your project i really like the idea. Hope everything goes well. Good luck

Thanks. Still cleaning up the build, but fired it up last night with the corsair H60 and basically cut the CPU temps in half, ~17C idle and ~47C under load. Details are in my thread.

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
yeah it sucks the air from the bottom of the case and takes it to the top, its a great idea on that 🙂