Bios Version: K501UXAS.209
CPU: Intel Core i7 6600U
Memory: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 950m
SSD: 250GB
AC Adapter: Whatever came with the laptop
Operating System: Win. 10, just as it came with the laptop
Drivers Installed: Original ASUS drivers + latest nvidia gpu drivers

It seems after the latest Win. 10 update a week or two ago my laptop can't wake up from sleep mode.
The backlight on my keyboard turns on and off but that is it. I've already tried the fix on ASUS' FAQ involving Intel Management Engine and I tried updating the BIOS.
Nothing has solved this issue. What can I do to fix this?
3 REPLIES 3

AtlasMinor
Level 8
Hiya welcome to the forums 🙂

It sounds like a driver issue of the many drivers you have would be hard to tell, becuase windows-10 uses intergrety checks almost everywere. The problem lies on windows-10, i recently read my notebooks updated Faq's sheet and ran across Asus now stating

Windows-10 Reset is broken. Use your Windows-10 Media Disk to Reset from Windows-10 Desktop.

I have my faqs link if your notebook faqs dont mention it, mine does....

But before you go through that, and its alot quicker and makes windows10 run smoother than a fully updated Win7, TRY THIS FIRST

becuase you want all drivers signed and installed and all componets in place BEFORE using the now suggested Reset Media Disk option

First step, disable Secure Boot properly, if you dont know how to backup UEFI manufactures keys OR dont know your way around UEFI easy Stop Reading Here, and consult a technichian

Open CMD prompt-->Run as Admin

option Place F8 back into the boot cycle

bcdedit /set bootmenupolicy [ Legacy | Standard ]

choose

bcdedit /set bootmenupolicy Legacy

now paste this

bcdedit /set testsigning on

type exit
Restart and hold/Mash the hell out of F8

Congrats you officially see the windows10 boot menu thats been hidden since Win8

Chose

DisableDriver Signing

Regardless if win10 is broken/locked/ or plain corrupted,... this one isnt !

At desktop reinstall your probmatic drivers and Run VeriSign and then Run Dxdiag (in that order)

Not kidding, dont mess with bcdedit to much YOU WILL GET A BSoD eventually and definatly make sure you have secure boot disabled while in Test Mode

If the problem still persists,

bcdedit /set testsigning off
turns off TestMode

Enable Secure Boot in UEFI

Login to desktop ( do not Clean install windows-10) this will be a soft reinstall / Reset inside windows10, when it sinks in it will all make sense activation and headaches will be in the past after this, really.

I Repeat, Do Not Clean Install, you will run into same problems, and be back to reading step 1 here...

Explaninations of the new win10 security vaccuum is protected info by microsoft, but we know this much

Open CD-Rom place your Windows-10 Upgrade Disk into drive and select upgrade

KEEP NOTHING, trust me, it dosent matter currently and is best option

With secure boot enabled, and windows-10 upgrading itself, it will sort all the crap and conflicting drivers, unsigned or Malware and update/reset your machine accordingly

It will now reinstall the Now corrected driverscurrently on the system we just finished signing and correcting, they should have worked, but win10 says no so, onward

These wont be generic drivers/download later drivers or Win8 drivers, these will now be Win10 drivers it uses, Feel Me? OK

Connect to internet when asked, you will be surprised 10gb-12GB games are hidden show DL's but just extract and reinstall themselfs, how i dont know....

Go to Device Manager
Click Update Online each Driver you know of you can install,

Place in Asus Driver disk match the versions of the drivers, only reintall drivers manually if driver versions match

Hope this help, and please dont crash your computer becuase of this, only if you have to though... i soft crashed the board to get readings back to normalm but thats another story 😉

Try reinstalling your intel chipset and VGA driver

Tom@ASUS wrote:
Try reinstalling your intel chipset and VGA driver

Been a while since I've checked the thread but I appreciate your response because it fixed the problem. I installed everything from Intel's Driver Update Utility which includes the chipset.