cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan Xpert 2 Not Detecting Fans

jimo2002
Level 7
Hello All

I've recently purchase a Asus 970 Pro Gaming motherboard.

I've got 4 chassis fans in place. 3 of them are connected to the 3 chassis headers, and a 4th is connected to the CPU_OPT header. (That fan is right next to the CPU anyway so I'm happy with it "copying" the CPU FAN's speed / characteristics.

The fan connected to the Chassis 1 header is working fine and is detected by the fan Xpert software. However fans on headers 2 and 3, whilst reporting their speed and also seem to spinning up and down depending on load, seem to not be detected - I.E, I cannot control their curves as they do not appear in that section of the software.

Is this a known issue? Am I doing something wrong?

All my fans are PWM fans with 4 pins. I have cleared the CMOS, enabled Q Control in the UEFI, disabled Q Control, updated the BIOS to the latest version. Uninstalled, and re-installed the software, un-installed and done a registry clean and then re-installed. Other than a complete clean install of windows i'm at a loss..

Any help would be great

Thanks

James
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hi jimo2002

Welcome to the ROG forum !

With Q-fan disabled I'm pretty sure your fans will run at 100% so it's probably a good idea to let Q-Fan enabled.

Have you run the fan tuning utility in fan xpert? This should get your fans recognized.

Hey

Thanks for the reply.

I have the q fan control enabled in the uefi. And yes I've run the fan tuning tool a number of times to no avail.

So I'm still lost... 😞

J

Nate152
Thank you

I'm not sure why your fans aren't recognized, you could try powering down your pc and reconnecting the fans to the headers and see if this helps.

Hey

That's one of the first things I did... still doesn't see then..

Any other thoughts?