cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blu Ray Drive Specs for G20AJ?

Ravenholme
Level 7
Hey all,

what were the specs of the optical drive that's in the G20AJ?

I remember i looked for it one time and failed to find a blu ray drive that fit, i know there is one out there but i can't remember which one.

would this qualify? http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7BB3T71941&cm_re=blu_ray_drive-_-27-136-279-_-Pro...

i'd have to dig into my tower again after i just installed the 1080 lol… i have an external one for now so it's not a big deal i'm just curious.
9 REPLIES 9

yaKHOOza
Level 7
I'm using a Panasonic UJ-272 for mine. There's also the Panasonic UJ-262

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-UJ-272-Recorder-Internal-Supports/dp/B00WHVS8PE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...

Ravenholme
Level 7
hmm if that's the case then i think maybe the LG version could work too.

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
yeah I notice the one you picked had a front cover plate which the LG hasn't and looks good

chilinmichael
Level 10
What's the consensus for the best Blu Ray drive for us? I'd be interested in swapping in as I'm getting mine shortly, can't believe they didn't include one even in the top model I'm getting. I'd want to paint it to match/look stock.
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

Ravenholme
Level 7
the Panasonic UJ-272 is probably the safer way to go… i may look into it.

The Panasonic UJ-272 works and fits perfectly. No problems here. For the original bezel on the G20, you can just remove it from the old optical drive and attach it on to the the new blue ray easily.

chilinmichael
Level 10
I know what I'm buying! Love the Samsung SSDs also, I was looking at that Corsair adapter (not to hijack the thread) but went with a different one. Good to know that one works though incase mine does not. Kudos with the bezel swap over!
Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

though for a secondary drive i'm thinking maybe a 6TB WD black drive

Ravenholme
Level 7
oooh good idea… might do that too… lol