cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning G751JL Screen

aswefaded
Level 7
Hello, I've been looking around forums trying to find the best cleaning method for these IPS displays with not much good information. I was hoping someone could provide me with what works best to clean the screen. Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

nemerdekel
Level 7
aswefaded wrote:
Hello, I've been looking around forums trying to find the best cleaning method for these IPS displays with not much good information. I was hoping someone could provide me with what works best to clean the screen. Thank you.

I use some random cheap LCD cleaner I found in a supermarket with a microfiber cloth and it works perfectly, no stains.
Laptop: G751JL
Processor: i7-4750HQ
Graphics Card: GTX 965M
Memory: 8 GB Samsung (stock)
Storage #1: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
Storage #2: 1 TB 7200 rpm (stock)

Rares95
Level 8
Isopropyl or Medicinal alcohol

JustinThyme
Level 13
There are probably 1000 myths and 10x that many in methods.

I dispel them all. I dampen one paper towel with windex (never just spray it on) and wipe it clean and follow behind it with another dry one. Been doing it this way for years, even after someone came out with specially formulated screen cleaner and following that it was not not safe to use anything else.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

clockworksatan
Level 7
I just use a (very slightly) damp cloth with water. Cheap, simple and effective.
Asus ROG G751JT-T7115H
17.3" IPS, Intel i7-4720HQ, 16Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX970m, 256Gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb SSHD

Thanks for the suggestions, just decided to go with a microfiber cloth and some water and it worked great!