cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 utorrent having problem to open it

Shakecip
Level 10
Hy guys, windows is clean installed but i can't open utorrent. In event viewer it gives me this error:
Faulting application name: utorrentie.exe, version: 1.0.0.42331, time stamp: 0x5728e5c7
Faulting module name: SS2OSD.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56e978e0
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x00005b89
Faulting process ID: 0x2164
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1d1774ed3b206
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Ciprian\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\updates\7.9.7_42331\utorrentie.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\SS2\UserInterface\SS2OSD.dll
Report ID: 052e3287-0837-4318-804a-b2cdaf2a65fc
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

How can i fix this?
14 REPLIES 14

baggio2121
Level 7
I had the same issue.... I am using qbittorrent !!! It's better than utorrent .try it

I had the exact same issue happen. I now use Tixati. I like it.

Shakecip
Level 10
I tried clearing cmos but is the same problem. When i am trying to run utorrent the program is hanging.

Chino
Level 15
In that case, looks like your program is conflicting with one of the ASUS utilities. In this case, C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\SS2\UserInterface\SS2OSD .dll. If I'm not mistaken, that file is for Sonic Studio or something.

Shakecip
Level 10
i received a email from asus:
Thank you for contacting ASUS technical support.

This email is regarding the compatibility issue between the Sonic Studio and utorrent software.

We have received response from our next level of support.

This is not a software issue, but utorrent is not compatible with Sonic Studio software. Please find a torrent software that will not conflict with Sonic Studio.

I request you to visit this link: http://www.howtogeek.com/197542/the-4-best-alternatives-to-utorrent-on-windows/

For any further queries, please feel free to reply to this e-mail. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you for choosing ASUS.

Regards,
Rajesh R,
Customer Service Center,
ASUSTek Computer Inc.

But the thing is that my cousin has the same specs and to him utorrent is working fine.

Minsekt
Level 7
maybe hes using a soundcard? or hes using the driver that came tru windows update (for onboard sound) sonic studio is only installed if youre using the driver from asus website. you can also use the realtek driver from realtek website where sonic studio is missing.
but if i where you i would just use qbittorrent. its better anyway and doesnt turn your pc in a miner.

haluk448
Level 7
Same problem here
1. Restored default bios
2. Reinstall windows 10, asus drivers from supported cd and updated.
3. Installed jdownloader and bittorrent
4. Installed virus program
Now bittorrent works fine, and no given crc error jdownloader
After that i set the bios xmp, etc. .
I think the key is, installing drivers first asus supported cd not the latest driver. After that update drivers and tools latest version .

haluk448 wrote:
Same problem here
1. Restored default bios
2. Reinstall windows 10, asus drivers from supported cd and updated.
3. Installed jdownloader and bittorrent
4. Installed virus program
Now bittorrent works fine, and no given crc error jdownloader
After that i set the bios xmp, etc. .
I think the key is, installing drivers first asus supported cd not the latest driver. After that update drivers and tools latest version .

I will give it a try but i found the problem, is the sonic suite that conflicts with utorrent, if you do not have installed, you can try and you will see that sonic is the problem, i also tried with my cousin and he has the same problem when sonic in running.