cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I7 6700k too high volages

Shakecip
Level 10
Hy, i have a problem with my procesor, not overclocked, in cinebench voltages goes to 1,330v and in occt it goes 1,4v. Isn't that too much for stock settings? The temperature si very good but i think that the voltages are too high.
46 REPLIES 46

Minsekt
Level 7
its normal from what i can tell, many skylakes go up to 1.4v on stock including mine. but mine does 4.7ghz at 1.36v too, try lowering the voltage manually. mine did succesfully run prime 1344 at 1.158v manual at stock clock. just make sure youre using adaptive voltage. enter the voltage you want into max boost voltage.

Shakecip
Level 10
Where do i need to enter the max boost voltage?

Minsekt
Level 7
enter bios, select extreme tweaker and scoll down.

select adaptive mode, then you can enter max boost voltage (maybe its called something different, but its unlocked once youve selected adaptive mode) , leave offset on auto. if youre running stock clock give it a try at 1.200v

/edit its called additional turbo mode cpu core voltage

take a look at chinos oc guide too (forum sticky)

Nate152

Shakecip
Level 10
If it doesn' work on 1.2v or 1.26v than that means that i have a bad cpu , no?

Shakecip
Level 10
Seems that i can get lower voltages, no? So far it seems stable. I need to do more test. I have a question in aida 54 memory read is 42000 write is 48000 and copy is 42000 (i put a number aproximately), is it normal to be this big diference? My ram is corsair at 3000 mhz.

Nate152
Hi Shakecip

I don't use aida64 so I can't comment on the difference in memory scores. If you can pass the stress test with no errors this looks good to me.

Shakecip
Level 10
And the thing that i noticed that in adaptive mode my frecvency never goes down to 800 mhz, it stays at 4000 mhz and voltage at 1,160V. Why it does not go down to 800 mhz?

Nate152
Make sure you have speedstep enabled and the c states enabled in the bios, your cpu should be throttling to 800MHz using adaptive mode.