cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY windows 10 how to get bluetooth audio to play on computer from phone?

iammax
Level 7
I want my phone (Galaxy S7 with android) to play its audio through my G751JY. I can pair the two devices but they can't connect: WHen I press the gear icon on the android there is no "media audio" or "call audio", just pair/unpair. I Could do this just fine on my older laptop, G750JX (windows 8).
The bluetooth driver is intel 17.1.1529.1620
9 REPLIES 9

iammax
Level 7
I still have not been able to figure this out, but a somewhat acceptable substitute that I have been using is this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.georgie.SoundWireFree&hl=en
It'll stream your PC's audio to your phone. It's doing what I wanted in the other direction. The lag is very low but I think the sound quality is much lower than what bluetooth would do.

It's not as good as doing what I described in the first post, however, so I would really like to figure that out.

xeromist
I believe the problem is that A2DP isn't supported on Windows 10, at least not as a playback device. Maybe Microsoft will add it eventually. As of Windows 8+ the bluetooth profiles are managed by Windows so this isn't something Intel can fix.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

iammax
Level 7
If that's true, it's really stupid... why would they remove something like that? It worked just fine on windows 10

iammax wrote:
It worked just fine on windows 10

You mean Windows 8 or you actually had it working on 10 and it stopped working? From what I've read it wasn't working initially when Windows 8 came out either but given the similarities between the two OS's I find it odd that apparently they fixed it (since it worked for you) but didn't included the fix in 10.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

iammax
Level 7
Oops you are right, I meant windows 8 (since it was my old laptop). Not 10.

iammax
Level 7
After playing with drivers a lot I got the phone to connect, I got the usual "the song your phone is playing" popup on the PC, and I could control the song via bluetooth, but no actual sound would come out of the speakers, or headphones port of the laptop. I'm not sure how I managed to do that, and now the option is gone. This is really stupid that microsoft would remove something like that...

Try installing Lenovo bluetooth drivers for windows 10 64bit. It will work like a charm 🙂 http://support.lenovo.com/in/en/downloads/ds031759

Gps3dx
Level 12
I suggest a different approach.
if the end result is "casting" the phone's audio to the PC running windows ( and probably linux as well ) DLNA is a fine solution, and it utilizes wifi, so faster transfer rates and better quality can be transferred.

Using windows ( 7,8,10 ) you can install FREE app name Shairport4w and then CAST your content from the phone to the PC.

now about the phone...
I dunno about OSx ( i.e iphones etc.. ) but for android there're ton of "music players" that supports DLNA and "casting" a single movie's or music file audio each time.
The real wonder is with an app named "airaudio", that can MIRROR THE DEVICE'S AUDIO, everything that you hear from the speaker... you can hear from using DLNA.
when casting music, the exising delay ( of ~2 sec ) is not that worrisome, but when playing movies, using MX player can be helpful since it got a feature allowing to manually sync the audio with the video (i.e inserting negative delay for the audio Vs video ).
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

NeoBeum
Level 9
Hey there, Like others have been saying - the G751jy doesn't have the complete bluetooth profile set for a2dp sink - you should be able to get a 3rd party solution working.
I was looking at it for windows server 2016

windows will also take control of bluetooth functions via the shell experience.. the settings cog, menu system