Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 Edition 10 - Pcie 3.0 issue

Hivemind
Level 8
hey guys,

I have a problem with the Amd Fury x Hdmi sound output to my Denon Avr 1910,
it will loose all sound output when i start a game, but when i start a webpage with sound it plays around 10 seconds and then it also stops outputting sound.

After a day of changing drivers and finding out where this issue is coming from i found out that the Pcie lane switching is causing this.
at the bios i have 4 options

Auto --Bios in combination with OS sets the appropriate speed
Gen1-- sets bus to 1.1 16x
Gen2-- sets bus to 2.0 16x
Gen3-- sets bus to 3.0 16x

So i thought well i'll set the bios to gen 3 instead of auto so it won't downscale , but it will still downscale to pci 1.1 or 2.0 when videocard is idle
and this causes my hdmi audio to crash.

The only option that works atm is setting the pcie bus to 1.1 so it can't downscale anymore.

My question is can i set my Pcie to 3.0 locked ? so it won't downscale anymore ??..

Aspm= Default at bios (Disabled)

Motherboard model: Rampage V edtion 10

UEFI Version: Bios 0601 Beta ,but on the non beta 0502 same problem

CPU: 6900K

Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB: G Skill F4-3200C14-8GTZ 4x

GPU: AMD Radeon Fury X

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: Samsung 950 pro 256GB M2 & Samsung 850 Pro 1TB

PSU: Corsair ax 1200i

USB Devices (model/version number): Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Ultimate & Logitech G502 mouse

Monitor: Dell up3216q

CPU Cooler: Koolance 380I waterblock

PC CASE: NZXT

Operating system: Microsoft Activated yes -- Windows 10 Pro with latest updates

Drivers Installed (include version): AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.6.1 Beta , also tried radeon-crimson-15.12-win10-64bit WHQL

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed: Aida64

System Overclocked (provide details)? No Default
2 REPLIES 2

Chino
Level 15
The GPU automatically downscaling is by default to save power. Not sure if there's anyway for you to force it to remain at PCIE 3.0/2.0. Maybe try using the High Performance Power Plan in Windows.

Chino wrote:
The GPU automatically downscaling is by default to save power. Not sure if there's anyway for you to force it to remain at PCIE 3.0/2.0. Maybe try using the High Performance Power Plan in Windows.

I tried that to but nope still downscales to 1.1 if i set it to 3.0 or 2.0..
updated the bios to 0801 beta but still no fix 😞

my prev mainboard is a Maximus VI extreme that used a PLX bridge chip that kept my fury fixed at pcie 3.0 16x..
but think it is a problem with this R5E10 and the Radeon fury but i'm not sure.. i will keep it at pci 1.1 for now maybe it is a bios problem that might be fixed it the future.