cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752-VT Intake and Exhaust inquiry.

Zenthusiast
Level 7
I have another question for the RoG Think-tank, and i would ask for your patience in my still learning about my G752-VT.

Very simply, i would like to know the exact spots in, on, or around the Laptop where it takes air IN to itself in order to cool relevant components, and also any other non traditional spots in, on, or around the laptop that it uses to dissipate heat, if applicable in this case.

I've got the PDF downloaded users manual with me, but, it does not particularly specify anything about this other than the obvious massive exhausts it comes with.

I ask because i'd like to try a few things that would allow me to feed it cooler, moving air as opposed to stagnant warm air, as its summertime and i'm way down south. I'd appreciate any feedback or info on this.

-Zen
3 REPLIES 3

Googlegot
Level 9
The intake is on the 'ledge' immediately behind the display. It is a hole going straight into the cooling fan area, and runs the entire length of the orange metallic center bit. The exhaust comes from either side, starting approximately 4" in from either edge.

There are no other intakes or exhausts on the laptop. You could put a blanket across the keyboard without affecting cooling significantly. I wouldn't suggest it, though.

Googlegot wrote:
The intake is on the 'ledge' immediately behind the display. It is a hole going straight into the cooling fan area, and runs the entire length of the orange metallic center bit. The exhaust comes from either side, starting approximately 4" in from either edge.

There are no other intakes or exhausts on the laptop. You could put a blanket across the keyboard without affecting cooling significantly. I wouldn't suggest it, though.

So does that mean it's best to have the screen open?

Currently I have it closed and a monitor connected. Saw 100' cpu and 80' GPU in a game I was playing the other day...

FlashGear wrote:
So does that mean it's best to have the screen open?

Currently I have it closed and a monitor connected. Saw 100' cpu and 80' GPU in a game I was playing the other day...

I use mine as a "game console", closed and in my tv cabinet (with adequate airflow). The temperature is the same with the lid open or closed, they did a good job engineering the airflow.

I saw temperatures around the 95-99c mark when running max cpu load with prime95 before I undervolted. This seems to be normal for this cpu and laptop.