cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device driver issue, anyone knows what this is?

The_Veterant
Level 7

Do anyone knows what this device driver problem is relate it to? thanks.
"I'm not an OCer just looking a good MENTOR". UyqtCojoXecQlo.". 😄
8 REPLIES 8

jrmcdou
Level 10
If you are running Broadwell it should be the Turbo boost 3.0 driver you will need to download and install.
Rampage VI Extreme bios 1503
Core i9 7980XE @ 4.4ghz all cores
64 gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600
2x RTX 2080 Ti FE NvLink/SLI
2x Samsung 970 Pro 1tb NVME
Corsair AX1600i
Corsair 1000D case
1x Dell U3818DW 38" Curved Ultrawide and 2x Dell S2716DG 27" 1ms GSYNC 2560x1440 144 hz
Win 10 Pro x64

jrmcdou wrote:
If you are running Broadwell it should be the Turbo boost 3.0 driver you will need to download and install.

Yes running Broadwell but a Xeon e5 V4 and I have try to installed the drive of turbo boost but w/ no success, an exclamation sign appears along w/ the driver.

There you have it, the exclamation sign after install the driver ITBM driver. And this is on a X99DX2 w/ Xeon e5 V4.

xeromist
It could be that there are still a few kinks for the v4 chips on x99. If it's not producing a meaningful error code they might just need to release a new driver or ASUS may need another BIOS update.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
It could be that there are still a few kinks for the v4 chips on x99. If it's not producing a meaningful error code they might just need to release a new driver or ASUS may need another BIOS update.

Thanks Xeromist, that's what I thought. Most likely a better compatible driver for the device, although a better bios should be cooking on the pot already, I HOPE so 😮

FireRx
Level 11
yes install the turbo boost driver and it will take care of that unknown devive thing. Remember windows 10 dumps it's generic drivers on during installation. Yeah it looks messy, but I'd leave them in there,. 🙂
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

The_Veterant
Level 7
Update findings, as I mention above on thread #4, that after installed the driver ITBM the exclamation sign appears as shown on thread#4, but now after I update BIOS to version 0801 the driver along w/ the exclamation sign got deleted by its self from device manager but the conflicted shown on thread#1 disappear as well. I don't know but maybe could be related to the bios update.

xeromist
Is it possible that the error cleared and it's still there? You don't have any Turbo Boost devices listed under system? Odd that it would completely disappear but maybe the BIOS update disabled it because it was problematic?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…