cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to get Gsync for my g751jy, should i get it or not?

Dvirlu
Level 7
As i said i want to get gsync, i play all kinds of games from the latest titles to old nostalgic games. Im in uni so i prob wont be getting myself another laptop for a very
long time, and so i thought why not get the gsync upgrade, its 100$ and if i keep the comp for a long time, why not.
So i wanted to know how people that got it are feeling, was it worth it in your eyes? also since im already making a post and asking questions, can you please post
the most aggressive notebook fan control profile so when i decide to overclock in the future ill have more headroom. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

toronto699
Level 13
I'm still waiting for the parts for the upgrade as others are to , just read the Gsync thread make your own conclusion, fill out the forum on the first post first page of Gsync thread by Bahz at the bottom VIP link , u can always change your mind
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?82612-G-SYNC-Upgrade-on-ROG-G751JY-JT-Laptops-Now-Availabl...!
and 100 bucks is cheap u may even get a new Motherboard and processor "UPDATE 4 (Mar 11, 2016)
I've been updated that we'll be extending the deadline of this program to July 31st, 2016" Quote Bahz
So u had better act soon to get on the upgrade list. Ill get the Upgrade its worth it in long run in my humble opinion

Dreamonic
Level 12
Since your first question was directed to only the people who got the G-SYNC upgrade and their opinions on it, I'll stay out of that one. Regarding aggressive fan profiles using NBFC, try this one here.

also forgot to ask yesterday, the gsync upgrade changes ur refresh rate to 75hz native right? has anyone managed to change their refresh rate to 100hz stable? i remember that the people that made the modded gsync driver got it to 100 but wondering if its the same here, thanks.
also i knew about the gsync for ages, phoned asus in my country ages ago but didnt get a reply, their service is crap in my country, i think im about to send them a email w/ the meme "shut up and take my money"