cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] Sonic Suite 2 (lags programs and input devices)

Vlackrs
Level 7
I have a few problems with this program, lags utorrent and takes 1 minute to open, when i try to open chrome it lags my mouse like input lag. It may have problems with more programs and games too.

By just closing the program, everything works fine.
12 REPLIES 12

Nate152
Hi Vlackrs

I'm using sonic studio II on the maximus viii formula just fine here, I wonder if you might have a driver conflict or reinstalling it would fix it.

Also check in device manager for any yellow triangles or unknown devices.

Please list your pc specs or you can fill them out in your profile, they will be listed by your name in red like above my avatar.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Vlackrs

I'm using sonic studio II on the maximus viii formula just fine here, I wonder if you might have a driver conflict or reinstalling it would fix it.

Also check in device manager for any yellow triangles or unknown devices.

Please list your pc specs or you can fill them out in your profile, they will be listed by your name in red like above my avatar.

Hi, The problem and how i solved is very clear, really easy, i just need to close the program Sonic suite 2 and everything run fine again.

I do not have to install the program or something like that, i just need to close it.

Odd.

In divice manager i have everything fine, i installed all the drivers from the asus website.

Pakman
Level 7
So, sadly no official fix on it yet?

I got Maximus VIII Formula recently and upon doing a new OS with all new drivers including SonicSuite 2 with Realtek Audio Driver I came to face the same issue with uTorrent and what not and was hoping there'd be a fix or runaround at least by now considering it's been the issue since like forever?

Nate152
Thank you for your specs Vlackrs. 🙂

Seeing how it happens to you both with utorrent I would think it's causing the problem.

I don't use utorrent so I can't comment on it but I'm having no issues.

Pakman
Level 7
I read other thread where someone posted a reply from ASUS stating that the issue is with uTorrent not being compatible with Sonic Studio and not the other way around.

Not sure if I should hold my breath for uTorrent to release a fix for something that's not widely used at all. Will stick to not using Sonic Studio for now until it's fixed, which sucks cause it looked like such a nifty tool.

Same problem for me.

When I install Sonic Studio uTorrent runs very slow. Also some other apps and games becomes unstable.

Unfortunately I'm using another sound card due to having problem with Sonic Studio.

Pakman
Level 7
My sound and everything works just fine, you just need to 'close/exit' Sonic Studio app and no need to uninstall the driver in it's entirety and you should be good to go.

Would really like for ASUS to actually fix this, Sonic Studio came later than uTorrent so it's kind of weird to say uTorrent is at fault when it's been working just fine right up until I install Sonic Studio 2.

utorrent is not only, try to open chrome normal/canary and move your mouse to see how it goes, it will lag for sure.

Yeah, looks like Sonic Suite 2 is incompatible with a few programs or better said, the kind of detection that SS 2 have to detect the programs that can be used with it.

Pakman
Level 7
You're right, system does feel a bit laggy to say the least when using certain programs and I believed initially it was just a bad OS install but luckily I didn't do a fresh install upon that and closed SS2.

Oh well, I hope they fix it soon as it looks like a decent tool. After paying all this much premium for a motherboard, you do expect these little things that are heavily used in marketing to at least work perfect.