Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus VIII Ranger vs Deepcool 120T cpu Liquid Cooler

ghemanth
Level 7
my pc specs:
motherboard and cpu cooler are as mentioned in the title
16gb ram(8*1 corsair vengence 2300mhz and 8*1 gskill rampage 5th gen 2300mhz)
1tb seagate hdd, 252 or 256gb samsung 830 series ssd
i7 6700k . not overclocked

its a new pc using since jan 16 and i have bin struggling cpu cooler that doesnt work properly. it suddenly stops working when i cleanly shutdown my pc ( not everytime. once in 2 or 3 weeks). cpu temperatures hits to 60 n 80c. thats obviously. the breathing light on cpu cooler works and led fan works perfectly. after one day i turned on my pc and it worked perfectly . i didnt do anything. it stopped working automatically and then worked perfectly automatically. few weeks later it again stopped working and it didnt worked after a day and i reset my bios and it worked. then again stopped working now and it neva worked again by reseting bios or downgrading my bios or by reinstalling the cooler again... nothing.

i returned the product and claimed for the replacement and they found it working perfectly on their pc. im damned ! whats wrong with my cooler or wrong with my motherboard ?

i did checked by removing one 8*1 ram and it didnt worked either. i checked the cpu fan pins and its flawless. its a new pc. no dust or wat so ever. i maintained it so good,

now they are returning my cooler back to me. what should i do. its a good nd well suited cooler for my pc but its not working now. any help ?
Battlefield > 26d / 2k

xD
22 REPLIES 22

Chino wrote:
Which connections do the AIO use?

3 pin cpu_fan connector
motherboard has 4pin in cpu_fan connection
Battlefield > 26d / 2k

xD

Nate152
Hi ghemanth

The fan uses a 4-pin connector which connects to the cpu fan header and the pump uses a 3-pin connector that goes to the cpu_opt header.

Is this how you're connecting it?

Nate152 wrote:
Hi ghemanth

The fan uses a 4-pin connector which connects to the cpu fan header and the pump uses a 3-pin connector that goes to the cpu_opt header.

Is this how you're connecting it?

no no. the cooler has got only 3 pins. no 4 pins. the main body pump is connected to cpu_fan and the external fan is connected to opt_fan pin.
if i connect the main body pump connection to opt fan and xternal fan to cpu_fan then the motherboards saying cpu fan is not connected. so my connection is correct
Battlefield > 26d / 2k

xD

Nate152
I would double check the installation instructions.

Does the Deepcool 120T come with a software program?

Is this the one you have? http://www.deepcool.com/product/gamerstorm/2015-04/6_1822.shtml

If so the spec page says it has a 4 pin fan and 3 pin pump.

amazz20 wrote:
Is this the one you have? http://www.deepcool.com/product/gamerstorm/2015-04/6_1822.shtml

If so the spec page says it has a 4 pin fan and 3 pin pump.

to be honest i dont remember the pin of xternal fan of my cooler but its pin suits xact to my mobo pins(i guess 4pins) and i always control its xternal fan speed via AISuite software. so speed is controllable hence it got 4 pin and i connected it perfect. fan works great, no probs with fan even though the cpu_fan is stopped the xternal fan runs normally fine, so if it got 3 or 4 pin, its not my prob as it works properly.

breathing light of cooler works, fan works fine. power is all good i guess... only the cpu heart is dead inside.
Battlefield > 26d / 2k

xD

i forgot to mention that i do also tested the cooler by powering on my pc and moving/shaking the pumps and the connector wires but no use.

i have removed all the IO devices from cpu (including monitor. i got cpu speaker for warning messages) and turned on the pc but still nothing worked(speaker beeps).
Battlefield > 26d / 2k

xD

Nate152 wrote:
I would double check the installation instructions.

Does the Deepcool 120T come with a software program?

no. it doesnt have any software or driver to install

i will post u the installation pics sooner when the product returned back to me. im sure that i have installed it properly bcoz i have uninstalled it 2 times and reinstalled it and make sure screws are all tight and no shaky and loosy upon processor.

i have no clue wat this prob is.... i got another pc with 4700k i7. maybe i will shift this stupid cooler to that pc and will get Hyper 212x for my current pc. thats my plan if any of ur helps doesnt work.
Battlefield > 26d / 2k

xD