cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG SPATHA charging dock issue

ForMol69
Level 7
Hello,

I have received today my ASUS ROG SPATHA mouse. All is running fine while using the mouse. I installed armory and it directly updated firmware for both dock and mouse.

After i played with the lights for a good while, programmed my buttons and tested a few games, i placed the mouse in the dock for charging.

While positioned in the dock, the light on the mouse is continuously going flashing from green to red (color that I've set for use mode). I watched a few reviews online and noticed that in some of them the color on the mouse zones is always green while the mouse is docked.
I initially thought it is a connection issue and tried to dock the mouse as it was turned off .. every time i dock the mouse the light turns on which tells me that it is charging through the dock. In armory the battery went to 100% after a while so that also confirms that it's charging.

Does anyone else have this issue ? Is this a known issue ? Do i have a technical problem with my mouse ?

Thank you in advance for the help !
34 REPLIES 34

Necessitor
Level 7
I have this problem. The dock does not work after the latest update. The mouse works fine on wired mode but nothing on wireless mode. I'm going to try and find a solution here..
http://thenitwitts.enjin.com/forum/m/28206608/viewforum/5250475
I do reviews and will do a fixit post for this. The dock just doesn't seem to activate. Put the wired mouse on and it activates. Take the plug out of the mouse and all dead, both mouse and dock, very odd.
Necessitor.

Ok, my solution was simply sequence of actions. So I unplugged and turned off the mouse at the base, then plugged the dock in, then turned the mouse on at the base. This is'nt explained anyway really. I'll have a look at your specific problem and try for an answer which will be in the review I've done. Also I'll post here for you. Great mouse btw, love it.

Bahz
Level 12
I have reported this issue over to our peripheral team and they're looking into this

Bahz wrote:
I have reported this issue over to our peripheral team and they're looking into this

I also started getting problems with the dock.. TOday for example it seems dead.. well lights work when u restart computer. a purple light for one second or so but then it is not working. tried new USB ports and everything..
So much problems with this product so far.. hope they get fixed very soon..

EDIT: fixed now after removing USB in the dock and leaving it off a little. then put usb back in to dock.
weird it did not fix itself by turning off computer, opening asus software, or plugging out and changing USB port in PC. it has to be unplugged by the DOCK and not the PC to start working.. very weird..

Bahz
Level 12
Received update from our peripherals team that they're working on new version to fix this

I have also experienced this problem. With the latest Spatha mouse driver, the color is supposed to be in green when full. However, it suddenly changes color in a split second. It's quite annoying knowing that it shouldn't be that way. Can you guys update it, or is there a way to downgrade the mouse firmware?

Bahz wrote:
Received update from our peripherals team that they're working on new version to fix this

I actually found that there is nothing wrong with the mouse or dock.

It is just a software / firmware issues

So .. the mouse is supposed to pulse green while charging and battery is below 90% ... The mouse is not pulsing while battery is above 90%

The issue is just visual in fact .. when the mouse goes from 89.9% to 90% it doesn't do that definitely .. so i suppose there is some kind of .01 .. 0.02 .. 0.0x fluctuation.

Because of that fluctuation .. the color will shift from "pulsing green" to the color which is set by the user ... further on making us belive that the contact is imperfect.

Until they fix it by some kind of software / firmware upgrade ... i'm inclined to suggest people not to worry .. there is nothing wrong .. it's just annoying .. but nothing wrong.!

bateto_007
Level 7
I have new driver: Software version: 1.01.19 and firmware version 1.57 . The docking not work. Wirless mode not work. When I press pairing to dock ... nothing, when I pres and hold - start blinking red. When I pres pairing to mouse - short blink and nothing.

bateto_007 wrote:
I have new driver: Software version: 1.01.19 and firmware version 1.57 . The docking not work. Wirless mode not work. When I press pairing to dock ... nothing, when I pres and hold - start blinking red. When I pres pairing to mouse - short blink and nothing.

For me the only solution for now is to unlug and replug the usb cable from the dock, and after that mouse starts to work in wireless mode. I need to do that every time I start my PC.