cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with AI Suite 3 after fresh install (Maximus VIII Hero, Win 10 Pro x64)

PhoenixHawk
Level 7
I just built my new rig with an Maximus VIII Hero board.

On my first test-install with Windows 10 Pro x64 everything was fine. I then installed my graphics card (also ASUS, ROG Strix GTX 1070 O8G) and after that AI Suite started to freak out with throwing exceptions.

Just to make sure there wasn't something borked already I attempted a complete fresh system install:

I first installed Win 10 Pro x64. Then I installed only the hardware drivers (chipset, sound, Intel Lan, GeForce driver and GeForce Experience etc.).
After that I could connect to my network and then I let Windows do all Windows Updates.
After the system was fully updated I installed AI Suite 3.

And again, after this fresh installation, AI Suite throws a lot of exceptions:
I get access violations in vender.dll as well as dip4.dll. These exceptions are thrown continuously, like every few seconds or so. AI Suite is not functional at all (all screens empty).

So, this is a complete fresh install, and it immediately starts to throw errors.

Do you have any info on what could be the problem and how to avoid / fix that?
28 REPLIES 28

niczo
Level 7
I got these errors as well after installing a GTX 1080, my guess is the temp sensor readings from the 1070 and 1080 are incompatible with the current version of AI Suite. I get only one exception error message at boot and AI Suite still runs, but I can't get a readout on gpu temps.

toronto699
Level 13
u should read these threads do those sound like your problem? Access violation at address 05BE57A5 in module 'Vender.dll'. Read of address 667FF9E0
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?85847-Access-violation-at-address-05BE57A5-in-module-Vende...
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?50003-Ai-suite-and-violation-problem
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?86171-GPUTweak2-install-seems-to-have-broken-AISuite3
After investigation, this problem seem to be related to a new library used by Nvidia driver to support new GPUs (GTX1070 or later). We are working to resolve this matter right now, should come back to you soon with the updates" Quote Asus-Op Administrator Australia

"They should have seen this in testing" Quote HeliumPhoenix

Yeah, that pretty much sounds like it.
Okay, then it's not a borked system but merely an early incompatibilty with the new graphics card, so i'll wait for an AI Suite update before I install again.

man am i glad i found this thread finally! I recently got a gtx 1080 strix and installed it. and ever since ai suite 3 is throwing the same errors that you guys are getting and wont fully load up. So we are waiting for an update is all?

Chino
Level 15
To all the users having this problem, can you please list the following for me?

1. Motherboard BIOS version
2. Windows version
3. AI Suite version
4. NVIDIA driver version.

Thank you!

motherbaord: z97-ar bios 2012
windows: windows 8.1
ai suite: ai suite 3 (not sure of the number but dual intelligent processor 5 is 1.02.27)
nvidia driver: 368.39

Hello!

Has this issue been fixed yet? 800$ Strix 1080 isnt compatible with their own software...makes you wonder...

Chino wrote:
To all the users having this problem, can you please list the following for me?

1. Motherboard BIOS version
2. Windows version
3. AI Suite version
4. NVIDIA driver version.

Thank you!

Maximus VII Hero, BIOS Version 2902
Windows 10 x64
AI Suite III Version 1.01.02
NVIDIA Drivers Version 368.81

And thanks to you!

Hello,

I've had the same problem but my symptoms were very different. Upon installing my new ASUS STRIX GTX 1080, AI SUITE III crashed and wouldn't work (I forget if it gave some kind of error). I then uninstalled and reinstalled it and everything seemed to work fine. I then tried playing games and there were serious problems. In Dark Souls 3, for example, simply moving the mouse caused serious fps drops down to the 20's and even lower. With Overwatch, there would be microstutters. Lowering the mouse polling from 1000 to 125 relieved most of the issues but some fps problems were still apparent, and I knew that those should not be happening with an i7-6700K and a 1080. The CPU usage was also way higher than it should be. Overwatch was using about 40% but the total CPU usage would be as high as 80-100% without any apparent program causing this, which most likely caused the microstutters. Even having the CPU on idle used 10-20%.

After trying so many different things to fix the problem, I decided to do a Windows reset (the one that allows you to keep your files) and after reinstalling some programs, I saw that all problems were gone. I could play Dark Souls and Overwatch with 1000Hz polling for my mouse and the CPU usage was normal. I wanted a program to control my fans so I reinstalled AI SUITE III and all the problems returned. Even uninstalling AI SUITE did not relieve the problems. After a second Windows reset and not reinstalling AI SUITE, everything works correctly.

Because of all the time I wasted trying to figure out the problem, I won't be reinstalling AI SUITE III again. If anyone has similar problems to mine, know that AI SUITE III is currently the cause.

1. Z170-A BIOS Ver. 1602
2. Windows 10 Education x64
3. Most recent but version not known. Will not be reinstalling
4. 368.81 and 368.95 (which addresses a DCP latency bug)

Thank you,
David